Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
As far as SPD, had two instances when pulling out from a stop and then accelerating at maybe 35 - 40% throttle where the rpms continued to climb and it pulled hard even though I wasn't applying any more throttle. It was staying in 2nd gear instead of shifting to 3rd. It then shifted hard into 5th, skipping 3rd gear completely. Hasn't happened since so hoping it was still some trans relearn.

Just fueled up on Saturday so I have almost run a full tank on SPD (minus 4 days). Have to wait probably until Friday or next Monday for my wife to get the fuel report from work to see how many gallons I put in and calculate my fuel mileage. Looks like my fuel mileage dropped a good bit switching to SPD, we'll see.

Power is awesome. Got on the skinny pedal a few times while running some errands with the wife, including getting fuel, to show off a bit. She still hasn't driven it with the Stage 2. :) She tells a guy at her work with a 6.0 dually like mine about how much power my truck has and how it puts you back in the seat. He doesn't believe it. And then I tell her I only hit a max of 65% throttle with her in it. :nod: Again, that 40 - 60% throttle range is about the most I "need". Lots of power and she runs clean.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts