·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
771 Posts
Sounds good :thumb:

My boss' 94 must have the pump turned up, bc his blows a nice cloud upon start up and smokes very easily and being a standard.

·
BIG TRUCK, SMALL DRIVER
5,877 Posts
Sounds good to me! I miss the sound of those old IDI's.

·
Registered
2,489 Posts

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys yeah i havent turned up the pump yet i need to install my egt gauge before i do that. and i do wanna turbo it thanx again

·
haters gonna hate 24/7.
3,801 Posts
Sounds good :thumb:

My boss' 94 must have the pump turned up, bc his blows a nice cloud upon start up and smokes very easily and being a standard.

Hey nic, Nice lookin PSD....

Ive been thinking of buying an old 7.3 idi or 6.9 and a 05-06 6.0.... Just not enough money and i want too dang things :hehe:

·
Registered
771 Posts
Hey nic, Nice lookin PSD....

Ive been thinking of buying an old 7.3 idi or 6.9 and a 05-06 6.0.... Just not enough money and i want too dang things :hehe:
THANKS MAN! I love my 97 Stroke!

If get you a 7.3 IDI, get manual, straight pipe it, tweak the injection pump a little and you can roal some SERIOUS coal...

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i wish mine was manual how much arethe manulas running for one ofthose and is it the zf5 or somthin mayb zf4 if anyone could help me thanx

·
Registered
771 Posts
All I got is that my boss' is a 94 IDI turbo 5 speed.

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
i wish mine was manual how much arethe manulas running for one ofthose and is it the zf5 or somthin mayb zf4 if anyone could help me thanx
The manuals on the IDI's are the Borg Warner T-19 4 speed non overdrive (1:1 4th gear). This is what my truck has, basically a bulletproof trans, I've never heard of them really trully failing on anybody. They came in 1983-1986 trucks. They are really really cheap, like you could probably find one used in good condition for around $400 . Then there was the ZF-5 speed, it is a 5 speed overdrive tranny. Not as strong as the T-19, but has overdrive. They came in 1987-1997 IDI's and powerstrokes, and yes you can use one from a powerstroke, or vis a versa (1987 was a transition year though both the T-19 and ZF-5 speed were offered). A good used one can run $600-1000.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so a borg t19 will fit right up on my 7.3 idi

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
so a borg t19 will fit right up on my 7.3 idi
Will it bolt up, yes. But will it fit without doing anything, no. To put it in you will probably need the floor pan where the tranny shifter goes through, you basically need that whenever you do any sort of tranny swap from one tranny to another on the IDI. You will need the trans crossmember and the shifter linkage. But yes it will bolt up to the 7.3 IDI.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
fordguy100 u got a sweet 6.89 by the way

·
Registered
2,489 Posts

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
"Mechanically injected cause chips are for dipping"

hahaha i like that

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
the you can get zf5 in 88 and above idi

good trans

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
the you can get zf5 in 88 and above idi

good trans
Yup. There a decent trans, its just not as forgiving as some other trans, like the T-19.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts