Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's a pic of my homemade headache rack. I built it because I'm using it as my work truck now and I'm also putting a boss power v XT onit before winter. It's not complete yet cause I'm mounting 6 LED worklights on it for plowing. As soon as i get it finished within the next couple of weeks, I'll get more pics up.

Attachments

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,739 Posts
Looks like a good one. You got any bigger pics. I am still building mine and am always looking for ideas.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like a good one. You got any bigger pics. I am still building mine and am always looking for ideas.
Try clicking on it again. I just fixed it. I hope:nod:

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All i did was buy 2ft of 3x3x3/16 angle and cut it into 1ft chunks and notched out the front to go over the front edge of the bed and ran 2x2x3/16 angle across. I then bolted it to the bed rails with 3/8x1-1/2 bolts. The rack is made out of 2x2x1/8 square tubing.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All i have into this rack is $70 for the steel and $45 for the lights. I used leftover trailer wiring to wire the lights up. I had a good idea to wire up the lights. Since on these trucks, the 4-pin trailer plug usually corodes up and it's usless. So, I cut the wires off the back of the plug and ran the wires from the lights to the plug and wired it up.

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,739 Posts
All i have into this rack is $70 for the steel and $45 for the lights. I used leftover trailer wiring to wire the lights up. I had a good idea to wire up the lights. Since on these trucks, the 4-pin trailer plug usually corodes up and it's usless. So, I cut the wires off the back of the plug and ran the wires from the lights to the plug and wired it up.
Thats not a bad idea but I think I will plug in to my 5th wheel in bed plug and have reverse lights too!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
FINISHED PRODUCT

Got it done FINALLY!!! And yes i know my amber light has a slight soot issue. :dunno::hehe: Let me know what you guys think!!! computer has issues or i'd have nice pics up

Attachments

·
Registered
604 Posts
thats awsome im gonna make one for my truck to mount lights on it because for some reason i always am outside doin somethin around the truck at night and the cargo light doesnt cut it lol

·
Registered
933 Posts
looks good, ive got a dee zee aluminum rack on my truck with a whelen amber for plowing. i just feel so much more comfortable loading the truck with something protecting the window, or the misc empty beer can being thrown :)

·
Now I'm Strokin6.4Liters
2,447 Posts
Great job. It looks awesome

1 - 13 of 13 Posts