Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am the proud new owner of a 2011 f350 screw lariat fx4. The truck already has 37,000 miles but that's nothing for a diesel. A little history on the truck, it had the NOx sensor problem when new but that's been fixed also when I went to pick it up the ebreak light wouldn't turn off as soon as I got in it, which was a good thing cause I found out the previous owner did the high idle mod too it already. Other than that it's been a problem/accident free truck. The hardest part was handing the keys of my 2010 f150 over that I purchased new for a used truck but the big diesel is starting to grow on me more and more. Only down side is the previous owner had a fifth wheel hitch in the back so there is holes in the box along with a few other holes that were drilled for reasons unknown. So far the trucks average fuel mileage has been around 14-15 and that's with half highway at 110km/h(68mph) which is a little lower than I expected but it's a high heavy truck with lots of power and I added some diesel kleen in hopes that will help.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Welcome to the .Org , I think that mileage is normal... sorry :)

·
Super Moderator
19,524 Posts
Glad to have you - :welcome2: to the ORG!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Howdy~

Wanted to pick up a smaller RV to go on short 2-to-4day trips with. Couldn't find anything that suited me. Decided to pick up a retired shuttle-bus and do some moderate conversion work of my own on it instead. -- I figure I've owned in the neighborhood of roughly 40+ vehicles in my day... but this is the First Bus, First truck larger than an F250, and my Very First diesel ever.

..if that weren't enough... that big ol' 7.3 PSD is stuffed under the E350 hood like sardines in a can. -- :doh:

Boy I'm having a lotta' fun wondering just what I've gotten myself into now!

Dave ~ :shots:

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know how you feel Dave, but even just after a day of having a diesel I dont think I will go back. So this next weekend I'm going to get to test out its towing capability, never towed anything more than a snowmobile trailer with two sleds(about 1300-1400 pounds) with my f150 5.4 so I can't compare but my brother inlaw towed a 22' toy hauler with his 07 f150 5.4 and it used a LOT of gas and wouldn't go into 4 gear on flat ground. So this time we are gonna use my diesel this time to haul the trailer and see how that goes.

·
Registered
692 Posts
you will almost forget its back there!

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i hope so lol. so my girlfriend saw my new truck for the first time today and she really likes it. my old truck didnt have any fancy options like dual climate control or heated leather seats so now she can have the heat cranked on her side with the seat heaters on and i can have my side nice and cool lol

·
Registered
168 Posts
Congrats on the new truck! You'll definitely enjoy it and never go back to a gasser

·
Other vehicle is an F250
18,320 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts