Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Pretty sight it is to have two F 350's in the driveway. Took delivery today of a new 2012 F350 CC 6.7 Powerstroke. Wife says I can play with both of them for awhile as I just can't let go of my 97. Bought it new and it's been pampered and well maintained for 15 years. Anyway looks like I'll be bouncing back and forth between the OBS and 6.7 forums.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Thats a very nice OBS you have there. I'm glad its getting to stick around, if a vehicle has stayed with you for 15 years since new theres no reason to let it go.:D
Your pic is a little small btw. I want to see more of this truck.lol

·
Premium Member
23,192 Posts
Beautiful iz an understatement for those, amazing vics

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, don't know why the pics came out small. I'll have try to post a larger pic. I have a couple of guy's that want my 97 right now but they think they can steal it for the cheap? Ain't going to happen, there's damn few out there like this one and they know it.

·
Premium Member
23,192 Posts
My 97 has almost 300k and wouldnt leave me for less than &15k, but i want a raptor or a black cc 6.7 4x4

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My 97 has almost 300k and wouldnt leave me for less than &15k, but i want a raptor or a black cc 6.7 4x4
You know that's exactly how I feel about pricing my 97. Oh the dealer wanted my trade in the worse way but since this is my 4th new Ford Truck since 1976 I know you don't get 10 grand off the MSRP and expect to get $13,000 for a truck I bought 15 years ago for $28,000 new. I have 179,000 on the old boy and if I find a buyer for $15,000 it's going to hard pressed to not sell.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You got a hell of a deal to pay 28k on a 36k truck

Brad, in 1997 the MSRP on my 1997 when I ordered it was $30,300 still have the window sticker. I paid $28,000 and it was a challenge to get there because of supply and demand with the 97 model year running out and if IM correct the 98's were a very limited production OBS because Ford was coming out with the Super Duty's. Roll the clock forward 15 years and the MSRP on the 2012 dealer invoice is $57,530 before XLT Diesel discounts. After 4 hours at the dealer haggling for a deal the best I could do was $46,500 and give me the keys.
Good deal or bad deal makes no difference to me it's a deal I wanted and if this truck is as reliable as my 97 after 15 years it would be a steal. These new Super Duty's freaking awesome.:D

·
Premium Member
23,192 Posts
Nice large piks there, see you went from regular to crew cab there, great looking rigs there and a great price

·
Diesel Freak
713 Posts
Brad, in 1997 the MSRP on my 1997 when I ordered it was $30,300 still have the window sticker. I paid $28,000 and it was a challenge to get there because of supply and demand with the 97 model year running out and if IM correct the 98's were a very limited production OBS because Ford was coming out with the Super Duty's. Roll the clock forward 15 years and the MSRP on the 2012 dealer invoice is $57,530 before XLT Diesel discounts. After 4 hours at the dealer haggling for a deal the best I could do was $46,500 and give me the keys.
Good deal or bad deal makes no difference to me it's a deal I wanted and if this truck is as reliable as my 97 after 15 years it would be a steal. These new Super Duty's freaking awesome.:D

What brand and size rims are those on your white OBS?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What brand and size rims are those on your white OBS?
Those are Mickey Thompson Classic Bead Locks 16 X 8 on BFG 285's. Bought them at America Tire. Got a good deal on the wheels if I remember correctly 185.00 ea. What I don't like is these wheels are not clear coated they are buffed / polished aluminum which means more maintenance and in the winter if they throw down the Chemicals for Ice you better get them rinsed off soon. IM pulling them off this winter and putting the OEM 16" wheels back on just for that reason.

·
Diesel Freak
713 Posts
They're looking nice yeah my pacer rims need to be polished up again after going to the beach this summer I might get them powdercoated black not sure yet though

1 - 13 of 13 Posts