Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay my buddy bought a Edge juice with attitude, said they were on sale shipped he paid around 640(I tried to tell him about custom tunes did not listen). He let me put the edge on my truck today, I am wanting a DP or TW chip but I wanted to see what the edge felt like. I was very very disappointed with the power in extreme mode it was not at all what i was expecting and the EGT went to nearly 1400 degrees. I think my truck has more power taking off with the ICP resistor mod.

My question is, are the custom tunes that much better than the edge. I mean if they are a little better it would not even be worth my time buying one. The edge was that crappy, the custom tunes better be 100X better if I'm going to spend nearly 500 bucks on one.

·
a known holder of grudges
2,055 Posts
Okay my buddy bought a Edge juice with attitude, said they were on sale shipped he paid around 640(I tried to tell him about custom tunes did not listen). He let me put the edge on my truck today, I am wanting a DP or TW chip but I wanted to see what the edge felt like. I was very very disappointed with the power in extreme mode it was not at all what i was expecting and the EGT went to nearly 1400 degrees. I think my truck has more power taking off with the ICP resistor mod.

My question is, are the custom tunes that much better than the edge. I mean if they are a little better it would not even be worth my time buying one. The edge was that crappy, the custom tunes better be 100X better if I'm going to spend nearly 500 bucks on one.
:Shocked::Shocked::Shocked::flamethrower: :flamethrower:

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
subscribed

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
No custom tuning is WAY better. TW and/or DP are both very good, you should get ahold of Power Hungry Performance though. Bill has been around the block and knows his stuff. And the prices are spectacular.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also I am getting around 17-18 psi of boost stock I was getting around 24-25 with the edge. The thing that worried me was the EGT even on my buddies truck it hits 1300-1400. I just put up pipe gasket in my truck about 2500 miles ago then just put a tranny in it about a week and they look good no leaks.

What are some EGT numbers from people with custom tunes in extreme mode say accelerating from 0 - 90.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I just put my DP tuner in today, and I was running super chips before, and Holy S--t what a difference, my 80 economy tune blows the superchips outa the water and I thought the SC was good when i got it, go custom tunes!!

·
Registered
747 Posts
how much you gonna spend on a dp or tw ? the six stage one?

·
Registered
198 Posts
custom tunes will be about 100 times better.. i had a EDGE evo on for 1 day that i borrowed from a friend just to tryn and its extreme tune was like the daily tune on my tw chip.. as far as egts go i didnt have guages at the time i tried the edge, but ive had them since i got my tw. and even at WOT and beating on it hard my egts never go over 900.. granted its a post turbo egt.. but i figure thats about 1300 or so -turbo. and thats only when im really hard on it.

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
custom tunes will be about 100 times better.. i had a EDGE evo on for 1 day that i borrowed from a friend just to tryn and its extreme tune was like the daily tune on my tw chip.. .
damn are you serious??? thats nuts

·
Registered
198 Posts
yea.. it shifts way better, and power off the line is about the same, and better fuel mileage in the daily tune compared to extreme tune on the edge.. i was amazed when i got my custom tunes.. you definately cant go wrong.. ill never look at another edge product them same again.. haha

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
good info brother. Thanks!

·
Registered
198 Posts
anytime man... glad i could help..

·
Registered
178 Posts
I'm not at all happy with my Edge Juice, I really like the attitude monitor though... I have asked before but no one seems to know or want to answer me haha...

I know you can put custom tunes on the evo but what about the juice? My truck with stock exhaust and intake on I have to back out about 60-70 MPH so my EGT's don't go over 1200.

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
you NEED a bigger exhaust and intake. Get the Tymar intake and do a straight pipe over your factory muffler and cat. That will keep the EGT's in good standing.

·
Registered
178 Posts
you NEED a bigger exhaust and intake. Get the Tymar intake and do a straight pipe over your factory muffler and cat. That will keep the EGT's in good standing.
Just have to install it... My sig.

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
oh good deal then man. Get that stuff installed asap man

1 - 16 of 16 Posts