Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My CCV mod complete. Had it vented into atmosphere last 20k and I developed a wet bellhousing. Wanted to go back to closed system to see if that clears it up. Didn't want to use long lengths of hose which might cause restriction. In total I used about 20 inches of hose. Used a 1" in line strainer from TSC for the catch can. The first pic shows the system, the second pic shows it hooked up. I do have to remove air filter to access the catch can but figure I can empty it every time I do the air filter.

·
War is the answer!
5,386 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Looks good, I'm going to find a catch can like that since we don't have tractor supply in AK

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
It does indeed look good! Real estate under the hood surely is becoming at premium with all these gadgets. Between my coolant filter, air bag compressor and now the CCV, basically have no room for anything else!

·
Premium Member
4,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It does indeed look good! Real estate under the hood surely is becoming at premium with all these gadgets. Between my coolant filter, air bag compressor and now the CCV, basically have no room for anything else!
This is so true!! Took me long time to find spot. In order to use this spot I had to remove the air filter restriction gauge. I just plugged the hole on the intake. I have a coolant filter an alarm siren, and the AMP steps computer all under the hood in various places, it's very crowded! I have my bypass oil cooler on frame not under hood.

·
Premium Member
1,710 Posts
Looks good!

Tom

·
Registered
182 Posts
I have the exact same set up. I got the strainer from Princess Auto for about $12. Its been in there for 2 years and works great. Once a year there is about 3/4 of a plastic pop bottle cap of oil in there, so not much.

·
Registered
23 Posts
This is good info. Im going to try this set up

·
Registered
246 Posts
Jetjock, did this clean up your bell housing? Boot & intake still clean and no oil?

·
Premium Member
4,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No and no. No noticeable differance on bellhousing, still damp. Last time I had intake off there was oil getting sucked in turbo through catch can. Not as much but some getting thru, I will probably vent it back to atmosphere in the future.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts