Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

141 - 149 of 149 Posts

·
Beach Bum
2014 F250 CCSB 4wd
26,655 Posts
Its a little hard to pull my camper or cargo trailer with my WRX or honda accord!

but ya thats a point. my truck is our traveling vehicle and we have trailers (flatbed, cattle trailers, hay dolly). hondas , which he drives is rather small.

anyway will need to do more research then start building over time.

tubular, were did you get that heat exchanger on the frame from?

i finally read your pdf last night at work and its detailed. but yours and the v3 is about the same in price. and i didnt see the pic of clays old tank in it. the one from dfa is nice but have to loose my deep tool box. i wonder if i could just use a shaped tank to go under it or just give up my deep one. the under the bed idea was nice but gotta find a place for the spare.

another reason for driving a truck..guy fell asleep driving on the hwy and rolled

·
Registered
345 Posts
already got called a hippy from my coworker for wanting to do this and crazy from my dad :hehe:
Im in the same boat with skeptic family and friends.
My dad is really against it because he was a heavy diesel mechanic 24 years before back surgery and "has seen it all" and " if it was that good the oil companys would buy them out" :dunno:

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
Im in the same boat with skeptic family and friends.
My dad is really against it because he was a heavy diesel mechanic 24 years before back surgery and "has seen it all" and " if it was that good the oil companys would buy them out" :dunno:
ive heard that before too. what we do doesnt even scratch the surface of their profits. and biofuels company DO buy their used oil.

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
ive heard that before too. what we do doesnt even scratch the surface of their profits. and biofuels company DO buy their used oil.
yes, its a pretty small niche of people (relatively) that do this. So Big oil isn't too worried about us. I don't know if its accurate but i have heard an estimated 10,000 folks are burning WVO or other related alt. fuels. That may be an old figure too.

·
Registered
666 Posts
what type of heater are you using on that pipe

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Looks like a belt driven widow maker. Just as an observation, i could be wrong

141 - 149 of 149 Posts