Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 149 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Heres a few pics of my CF as it slowely comes together.
This will hold the upper barrell

The oil will be pumped from the lower barrel to the top barrel where it will gravity feed into the heater pipe, out of the heater pipe at a rate set by the gate valve on the outlet of that pipe and into the CF. Not shown is a thermometer that screws into the end of the pipe so i can set my flow rate based on the temp. I suspect the oil will heat fast enough to run about a quart per minutes flow. The oil then exits the CF into the PVC pipe and can be directed either to the tote with the left valve or to the lower barrel if i want to run the oil a second time. Also not show will be a drain tube from the pot for the dirty oil to drain into a bucket when the CF is turned off so any water in there will be discarded through this drain.

The long pipe overhead into the upper barrel is a vent that leads back to the lower barrel in case I overflow the top barrell...oh who am i kidding, it will happen eventually...lol

The CF lid, my favorite part. We machined this from 2 pieces of plexiglass, superglued them together and the bottom piece forms the lip inside the pot with a small rubber hose siliconed in the lip to form a nice snug seal when the lid is on. We drilled and tapped a 3/4" hole in the center to put a nylon barb in for the hose to connect to. Then a piece of SS tube was inserted into the barb and bent to drip the oil off to the side of the CF bowl. And of course the knob handles...2 were needed because the lid fits that tight. We used silicone hose to attach to the lid because its very soft even when cold and it will withstand the heat as well.

Heres some of the outer pot, you can see the stand pipe around the shaft, its PVC with JB weld and the drains are brass barb and JB weld. The inner bowl was a dog feed dish that we cut the bottom off of and then cut the top off to get the desired height.

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what do you see?

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
very nice man! that looks like what i want. seeing your pics, the thought poped into my head, wouldn it tbe nice to have a super sucker for that top tank? more expensive yes, but fill it in seconds, drain easily.

every time i see a setup i want one more. anyone need computer work for about $700 lol!

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thats wierd, i can see them all...can everyone else see them?

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
the 1st, 5th and last
they work for me.

Cory, try closing your browser, opening, either hit google or "about:blank", then clear your temporary internet files. (if using IE)

·
Registered
5,689 Posts
i see all of them...looks pretty cool clay

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
now it appears 234 and 678 dont work,...

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They should work now...

·
shaking things up
3,650 Posts
looks good they all work for me

·
Registered
1,364 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't have any overhead space. 5 Inches above my upper barrel will be a loft floor soon. 30 gal. at a time is fine with me...besides all i have to do is flip on the pump and refill the upper barrel in about 3 minutes and do another 30 gal.
I considered using a 55 gal barrel up top but its hanging on the wall and thats more weight than i want hung there. Plus the height restriction prevented me from using 55 gal.

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
plus it says your foot print is 8'x8'? Mine is much less than that...i don't have that much room i want to give up.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
plus it says your foot print is 8'x8'? Mine is much less than that...i don't have that much room i want to give up.
In 8X8, I have 300 over head running, and 2200 clean.:thumb:

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I really don't need that kind of volume.

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
I really don't need that kind of volume.
:punish2: blasphemy! overkill is a necessity!

jk, i like the setup. can you possibly leave your pump on with that overflow pipe? then fill the lower drum. it could circulate 50 or 60 gallons until the lower is empty and all is CF'd.

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes I could actually but probably will leave it off untill I come to check on it, then turn it on to refill top barrell and leave again while it's running. I assume I'll need to clean the CF every batch or 2 depending on how dirty the batch is so I have to check on it for that reason anyway.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
You sure should be able to go more than a 100 gallons. I am able to run 300 gallons without cleaning after a hot settle.

1 - 20 of 149 Posts