Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured I would share with you guys, it's still in testing but I think it will be fine.

Bought a catch can off ebay for $29
Bought some 3/4 heater hose $8
Cut my stock CCv hose in half
Put a steel bushing in the 3/4 hose to keep the clamp from crushing it (I used conduit)
Ran hose as shown.
Mounted catch can to p/s resivor

·
Premium Member
22,934 Posts
Looks good.

·
Registered
858 Posts
not bad at all

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Guys its as simple as putting that part in there and running the hose down the engine bay ? What is the size on that connector?

·
Premium Member
6,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not real sure what you're asking, but the stock hose is 1" I used 3/4". The way I did mine it functions as if it were stock except it traps the liquid oil in the can. It has a sight tube on the side to know when it needs drained.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
In the 3rd picture the part inserted into the tube .

·
Premium Member
6,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh, that's the other end of the stock ccv hose. I'm not sure exactly what size the portion inside the intake tube, I'd guess about 3/4", the other end of it is 1" o.d., but if you do like I did you can put a 3/4" hose inside the 1" hose and clamp it down.

·
Premium Member
6,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you plan on just running it down to vent to the atmosphere I would use 1", in my case it's still vacuum assisted and a short run so 3/4" should be fine.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
If you plan on just running it down to vent to the atmosphere I would use 1", in my case it's still vacuum assisted and a short run so 3/4" should be fine.
Thanks that works for me.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I was just recently told by a smog tech that here in California re-routing the CCV in any manner is a violation of C.A.R.B. rules. Damned that sucks!

·
Premium Member
6,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was just recently told by a smog tech that here in California re-routing the CCV in any manner is a violation of C.A.R.B. rules. Damned that sucks!
Nah, it's just California that sucks lol.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts