Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,578 Posts
Sounds to me like if it is failing on #8 and the oil pressure is acting funny and swapping the IPR didn’t change anything then it is likely a real problem with at least the #8 injector. HPOP’s seldom fail, the EBP sensor and valve actuator can be unplugged and the truck should still run right. I got a spare ICP, IPR, HPOP, PCM, CPS and a few other parts if yall get desperate and want to start swapping parts out but it sure sounds like an injector problem to me. Heck take a ride over to Swamps and see what they say, they are very nice, knowledgeable, and helpful folks.

·
Coal Rolling = Posing
9,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I got my HPOP that I traded out still. But like you said, 7.3 HPOP's almost never go bad.

So, that number 8 injector, could cause the complete loss of ICP at WOT if it's shot, or needs orings?

·
Registered
781 Posts
It could be some bad injector orings that you could change out in a 1/2 of a day. if the oil is low then i will have air in the system making the readings go all over the place. if it is low and you top it off with oil and the thing fires write up and runs good for the most part you will no that its running that way cuz its low on oil but that sounds like the problem to me i could be wrong.

·
Coal Rolling = Posing
9,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Well, when the problem started it resembled something like havin air in the system, but now it does it all the way to work and back. 40 some miles for him. So I dunno if air in the system would be causing it. I don't think he ever had any "long start" issues. Just wouldn't run at first or second attempt. I think he does now though.

·
Coal Rolling = Posing
9,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Oh and Frog, if his injectors are bad, then we'll probably take it to swamps. I think their fee for injector install is about the cheapest around.

·
Registered
781 Posts
so if the oil system can not keep up with the leak that has gotten worse then it will have air in the system the hole drive but i would check the resivor then have the injectors flow tested

·
Premium Member
3,578 Posts
Oh and Frog, if his injectors are bad, then we'll probably take it to swamps. I think their fee for injector install is about the cheapest around.
Yea, that’s why I suggested taking it to them for diagnostics, if the injector is bad they can replace it fairly quickly and cheaply. And I figured with your friends current condition paying someone a reasonable fee to do it may be better than fighting with it himself.
I got my set of 8 slightly hotter than stock single shot injectors from Swamps for like $1,500 when my stock injectors went out because of a bad load of fuel. Now I think they got some real hot ones that work with a stock HPOP for less than 2G’s.

·
Coal Rolling = Posing
9,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Well, he'll log on here tomorrow and see the bad news. Now to find a deckover goosneck, because there's no way his tires are fittin through my fenders lol.

·
Coal Rolling = Posing
9,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Yea, that’s why I suggested taking it to them for diagnostics, if the injector is bad they can replace it fairly quickly and cheaply. And I figured with your friends current condition paying someone a reasonable fee to do it may be better than fighting with it himself.
I got my set of 8 slightly hotter than stock single shot injectors from Swamps for like $1,500 when my stock injectors went out because of a bad load of fuel. Now I think they got some real hot ones that work with a stock HPOP for less than 2G’s.
Well there's always hybrids too. I don't think he wants to get that crazy with this truck though. He'd definately benifit from some stage 1's with the 42's he's runnin though.

·
Premium Member
3,578 Posts
I got a 20’ deck over GN but I’m a few hours from yall.

·
Coal Rolling = Posing
9,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
To update, he's gonna replace the injector o-rings this weekend. I'm leavin town monday, so I probably won't get another data log on it, but at this point, is should be pretty obvious wether or not that fixes the problem.

So, who has a line on a good deal for injector o-rings? The dealers around here want like 20 bucks PER injector!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Website is awesome but He does not carry them

Went to the suggested website but Bob said he does not carry the orings for the Fuel injectors as he can't beat other competitors prices. Called Advance Autoparts and they have them in thier warehouse and will have them in the morning. I did order the full oring set from the site that was listed for all the normal components that wear for 58.95. I would suggest getting all your orings from this site.

Guzzle's Diesel O-rings and Repair Kits

DieselOrings.com

Product details Product ID: #7-011 Full Fuel and Oil Repair Combo Kit

Description:
"Mechanics Parts Cabinet" Combo kit for common Fuel and Oil repairs 99.5-03

34 o-rings and 6 Parker fuel sleeves! A $64 value for only $58.95

We have put together this kit that every owner of a 99.5-03 7.3L should keep in their toolbox. Eventually, the 7.3 will develop a fuel or oil leak. It's one of those "not if but when" scenarios with the 7.3. Rather than having to run around town or hope the dealer has the parts you need without having to pay a fortune for their parts while your truck is down, be prepared and have the parts on hand. Don't worry about the o-rings drying out or cracking, The shelf-life of DuPont Viton is indefinite, they won't go bad from air, heat, sunshine or time.

What this kit includes:

A full set of Turbo pedestal (4) o-rings, both upper and lower
GTP38 turbo outlet o-ring
HPOP outlet fittings (4) o-rings, both internal and external
HPOP rear plug o-ring
HPOP reservoir fill plug o-ring
HPOP "non-serviceable" plug o-ring
IPR to HPOP body o-ring
Head oil rail o-rings (8) for oil rail plugs, ICP or cross-over line
HPOP Hose to head internal o-rings (2)
Loctite 608 retaining compound (2 - .5ml packets for HPOP and oil rail)
GTP38 EBPV solenoid o-rings (2)
GTP38 EBPV piston backplate o-ring
New Garrett EBPV pushrod clip
Fuel Drain Valve core o-rings (2) choice of bi-polymer Viton or tri-polymer viton
Fuel Drain Valve Stem o-ring (1)
Fuel Filter Check Valve o-rings (2)
Fuel Bowl Heater/water in fuel sensor o-rings (2)
Fuel Bowl plug o-rings (2)
Fuel Bowl return regulator o-ring
Sleeve gaskets for the fuel rail lines, both ends (4)
Sleeve gasket for the fuel return line
Sleeve gasket for the main fuel feed line
Turbo mounting bolts (2)
O-ring size identification and location charts
Downloadable HPOP outlet repair instruction sheet
Downloadable Fuel Bowl repair instruction sheet

Choices of Types of Drain Valve o-rings

Black Viton bi-monometer compound
Brown Viton tri-monometer compound
Blue MilSpec M25988/2 Fluorosilicone.

Select the type of compound from the drop down at the bottom of the page.

Differences between the brown and black Viton or the Blue Fluorosilicone fuel drain o-rings sold on this page:

The black Viton o-rings are polymerized from two monomers, vinylidene fluoride and hexafluoropropylene.
The brown Viton o-rings are polymerized from three monomers, vinyl fluoride, hexafluoropropylene, and tetrafluoroethylene. The brown fluoroelastomer terpolymers have shown to be particularly useful in applications requiring resistance to fuel permeation such as biodiesel. (only applicable to the Brown o-rings sold by DieselOrings.com for the Fuel Drain Valve. Other brown o-rings sold on this site are bi-monometer Viton)

The Blue Fluorosilicone has a much wider temperature range than Viton and is widely used in extream environmental conditions. It will stay flexible in artic conditions down to -70º F.

Instruction Sheet Fuel Bowl: Download PDF file Here 1.5 MB Adobe Acrobat file (very large)

Instruction Sheet HPOP: Download PDF file Here.

You must have Adobe Acrobat reader installed on your computer to download these documents.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OPTION AVAILABLE: GTP-38 Main compressor housing o-ring - Genuine Garrett part# 403069-0199. O-ring for the seal between the main compressor housing and compressor back plate. If your housing o-ring is damaged or broken, boost will be severely compromised leading to higher EGTs and low performance.

Order Compressor Housing o-ring below from the drop down box.

Price/piece: $58.95

Type_of_Drain_Valve_O-rings: BLACK (+$0.00)BROWN (+$1.00)BLUE (+$2.50)
Compressor_Housing_o-ring: NO (+$0.00)YES (+$6.50)

Quantity:

Back to the list
Product Reviews There are no reviews for this product

You must be registered and logged in to submit a review
DieselOrings.com | Quality Viton O-rings |

21 - 36 of 36 Posts