Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some problems trying to figure out how to do certain things with my new AE. I've never used it before so go easy on me.
I'm just going to list my issues, if you can help me with anything please do. Thanks folks :thumb:

-How do you playback saved sessions? I set up a session with the stuff I wanted read, took a drive, saved the session. Tried to play it back, and I got nothing. Happened twice :shrug:

-Is there a way to view saved info and sessions when your not hooked to the truck?

-My AE doesn't register anything for fuel pressure, what could be wrong?

-I read in the product description before I bought it that you could recalibrate for tires up to 35". How? Don't see it anywhere :shrug:

-When I run a CC test and a buzz test, they both just come back and say "test completed successfully". Does that mean all cylinders and all injectors respectively passed the tests? Is there no other data available from these tests? They are simply pass/fail?

I know I'll have more, but for now those are my biggest concerns.

·
Premium Member
19,111 Posts
I have some problems trying to figure out how to do certain things with my new AE. I've never used it before so go easy on me.
I'm just going to list my issues, if you can help me with anything please do. Thanks folks :thumb:

-How do you playback saved sessions? I set up a session with the stuff I wanted read, took a drive, saved the session. Tried to play it back, and I got nothing. Happened twice :shrug:

-Is there a way to view saved info and sessions when your not hooked to the truck?

-I read in the product description before I bought it that you could recalibrate for tires up to 35". How? Don't see it anywhere :shrug:

-When I run a CC test and a buzz test, they both just come back and say "test completed successfully". Does that mean all cylinders and all injectors respectively passed the tests? Is there no other data available from these tests? They are simply pass/fail?

CC test should have shutdown each cylinder in order and the buzz test should have buzzed each injector in order. It would have told you which cylinder or injector was bad. Is there actually a fuel pressure sensor? Not sure about the other stuff.

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I can hear each injector buzz during the buzz test, and I can feel the truck working during the CC test, but at the end of both of them it just says "test completed succesfully". I guess that's it then? I guess I was expecting a little more info as some kind of test results I guess.

·
Premium Member
19,111 Posts
It completed successfully, NEWB!!! :poke

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It completed successfully, [highlight]NEWB!!![/highlight] :poke
Well, duh :doh: That has already been well established........:funny:

I was waiting to see some kind of results as in numbers or percentages, you know? I guess that doesn't happen. You could have just said that instead of hurting my feelings :sad:

:joke: :hehe::hehe:

·
Premium Member
19,111 Posts
100% completed successfully... :D

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You're killin me Carlson :doh:

:hehe::hehe:

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

[highlight]-How do you playback saved sessions? I set up a session with the stuff I wanted read, took a drive, saved the session. Tried to play it back, and I got nothing. Happened twice :shrug:

[/highlight]

Well, can anybody help me out with the other concerns?

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I guess this forum isn't going to take off like I thought it would :shrug:

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This was sent to me via PM because Harry couldn't post here for some reason :shrug:

Some helpful stuff here though, I wanted to make sure it made it into the thread.

harrys91rs said:
I have autoenginuity. When I do a CC I usually go to the "test onboard systems" tab. But you can also go to the "live data grid" tab and check the "perdel" for each cylinder and it will display the % that each cylinder is. I did notice that the "perdel" option isn't there for obs trucks, but it is there for my 2000 superduty.

Whenever I record data I do it in the "live data grid" tab and it saves as a excel file on my computer, then I can look at it later. I haven't tried to playback data in AE, only viewed it later through excel.

For the fuel pressure, I don't think these trucks have a fp sensor from the factory and that might be the reason it doesn't register in AE

And you last question in the thread you posted was about tire recalibration. I can't remember how, but i was able to get to that point. When the window that pops up for you to select your vehicle, If you change the "system:" you can get different options in AE. I think some of the options are enhanced powertrain, generic powertrain, abs, etc. I think it might be under the abs option but i'm not sure.

I never changed my tire size, but I do remember seeing that option when I was playing around.

Hope this helps a little

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sweet, Thanks again Harry :thumb:

Got my wheels recalibrated yesterday!! :woot:

It was right where you said it was.
At the top, got to vehicle,
in the drop down menu choose 'changing system',
at the bottom change the system to 'anti-lock brakes',
then go to 'test on board system' at the top,
got to the drop down menu in the middle of the screen to choose 'tire recalibration'.
Easy. You can change your tire size from stock to 35" in 1/4" intervals.

I still haven't gone into and looked for the perdel you're talking about yet though. I will soon.

·
Premium Member
19,111 Posts
Good info for sure. Thanks, Harry! BTW, I would be interested in whether other folks can post in here since I originally put it in the wrong forum, so only techs and staff had access to update the thread.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Sweet, Thanks again Harry :thumb:

Got my wheels recalibrated yesterday!! :woot:

It was right where you said it was.
At the top, got to vehicle,
in the drop down menu choose 'changing system',
at the bottom change the system to 'anti-lock brakes',
then go to 'test on board system' at the top,
got to the drop down menu in the middle of the screen to choose 'tire recalibration'.
Easy. You can change your tire size from stock to 35" in 1/4" intervals.

I still haven't gone into and looked for the perdel you're talking about yet though. I will soon.
Glad it worked for you :thumb:

Also, I believe 3% is where AE fails a cylinder.
So if you did the cylinder contribution and it passed. All your perdels should be less than 3%. Ideally all of them should be 0%.

Good info for sure. Thanks, Harry! BTW, I would be interested in whether other folks can post in here since I originally put it in the wrong forum, so only techs and staff had access to update the thread.
No problem :thumb:

and since I'm posting, I guess its fixed :hehe:

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hmm didn't see the term perdel anywhere :shrug:

There was the change rotational velocity for each cylinder. Is that the same thing? Forgive my ignorance.

I ran that for each cylinder in the live data grid and they were all 0 except for cyl. 5 was hovering around 1.3%-1.8%, and cyl. 8 was around 3.7-4 ish.

What does all that mean? :tard:

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

There was the change rotational velocity for each cylinder. Is that the same thing? Forgive my ignorance.

I ran that for each cylinder in the live data grid and they were all 0 except for cyl. 5 was hovering around 1.3%-1.8%, and cyl. 8 was around 3.7-4 ish. That was all at idle. When the rpms were raised they all went to 0.

·
Registered
641 Posts

I ran that for each cylinder in the live data grid and they were all 0 except for cyl. 5 was hovering around 1.3%-1.8%, and cyl. 8 was around 3.7-4 ish. That was all at idle. When the rpms were raised they all went to 0.

Yes, change rotational velocity is the same thing. I haven't done it in a while so I might have remembered it wrong :doh: I think it shows up as "perdel" in the excel file if you record it.
Also, I was wrong it must 4% when AE fails a cylinder, not 3% as I said before :doh:
You read the numbers when the truck is at idle and up to temp (170* oil temp for obs and i think around 130* for superduties, don't really remember)
If you raise the rpms or if the truck isn't up to temp they will all read 0.

The numbers you got are good. Just think of those numbers as a de-acceleration of the crankshaft after that cylinder fires. Example: If your crankshaft is spinning at 100mph, and you get 1% on cylinder 5. That means that after cylinder 5 fires your crankshaft slows down by 1mph before the next cylinder fires.

You want all 0's, that means all cylinders are performing equally, which cylinders 1,2,3,4,6,7 are.
Cylinder 5 being 1.3-1.8 is fine, nothing to worry about.
Cylinder 8 is a little high, but isn't failing. I wouldn't worry about it either, unless it starts failing and you have a rough idle.
Cylinder 8 could be high because of it being a long lead injector or because of the stock fuel system starving the #8 cylinder due to the design. Or it could be your cps, The new grey cps can cause cylinder 8 to have high numbers, even though its fine. I don't know if your truck is stock or modded, so i'm just typing anything I can think of that would cause it to be higher.

Also, Normally you check the percent of each cylinder in park, but sometimes you can get better numbers in drive with the parking brake set or your wheels chocked. Helps to do it in drive if your numbers are all over the place in park.

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Good explanation of it Harry, thanks :thumb:

I have a black oc99 in my truck, and if that one fails, I got two more oc99's in the shop :D

I have been kicking around the idea of getting a HPOX over line, and a Fuel x over also. My idle is a little rough for my taste. Not REAL bad, but i would like to see if either of those help. At least I have a baseline to compare to now :thumb:

If I get them, I'll post the new numbers in here.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I had just emailed support about the tire size calibration yesterday, but apparently my abs is broken it won't let me calibrate. This is the procedure he emailed back:

"Access the ABS system and go to the Tab marked Test Onboard System and you
will see it in Test Menu dropdown

Bill
Technical/Sales Support
[email protected]"

·
ARMY MOM!!!!
3,053 Posts

you save it before you stop it or go to another session

Yup, you go inside & hook the scanner up without being plugged into truck & close the tool trying to communicate with truck, the go to the play button & you can pick from all the live data you have saved.....hit play & you can also get a printout of live data in excel type format, as soon as I get mine back I will post a detailed posting with pics
nope, it doesn't read fuel:doh:

yes, unless there is a problem then it will tell you what the issue is

HOPEFULLY this makes sense & you still want the answers...........:dunno:

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have got most of my issues worked out, but thank you for the helpful post! It all makes sense :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts