Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 08 6.4 with 90,000 miles on it; i bought a 2800 dolla ford extended warranty to go with it. Im in the hauling business and pull a gooseneck trailer everyday; i got about 40000 miles out of it and then i started having promblems. I noticed a funny idle in the truck one day so i brought it to Mr. Ford to have it checked out, they said becuz of the loss of compression it needed a new engine and would not warranty it becuz they claimed to find a little water(water in fuel light never came on), ended up getting the truck fixed for 800 Dollas (broke rocker arm). Called ford customer service and explained what had happened and they told me that the dealership(the ford dealership) was its own entity and worked under its own authority and they could do nothing about it. The service manager at the dealership says mr. ford gets upset if they warranty part swapping on a vehicle, they would rather them replace the engine (one of them is full of sheet). Told them i wanted to cancel the remainder of my warranty and be refunded the balance, have talked to at least 5 people in the last 9 months that said they would take care of it and none of them have. I had several other promblems after that all of them expensive and hard to diagnose, I traded in the truck a month ago and even though i took a loss i feel like a load has been takin off my shoulders. It is a good looking truck, i think the best on the road, but terrible on diesel, low on pulling power and expensive on maintenance. I believe one day ford will build a truck that it reliable, powerful and efficient, maybe they already have; but after what i went thru with not necessarily the truck but the company i will never own one. Anyhow thats my story i thought i would share it.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Thay sucks they pull that on you. Pay that money for something and they fine a way to give u the shaft. Hope I never have to use the one I have.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts