Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When it’s on idol it’s really rough and shakes the whole truck a ton. the exhaust is jumping and it just sounds horrible when i rev it it gets to sounding okay but then goes back to the bad sound. when i put it in drive it will run for about 2-3 minutes and then start to loose power on the pedal and sputter. if it looses power completely it will get down to about 500 rpms and then i loose power steering and brakes and it’s scary. but the last time it happened it was rolling and then i have it a ton of gas over and over and it cought a little bit of speed and then completely went off. i really don’t know what to do i’m doing maintenance tomorrow, it has an egr delete, egr cooler, cold air intake and a tune. it’s got 250000 miles on it and i just bought it so please help if you can. I have no clue what to do.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
When it’s on idol it’s really rough and shakes the whole truck a ton. the exhaust is jumping and it just sounds horrible when i rev it it gets to sounding okay but then goes back to the bad sound. when i put it in drive it will run for about 2-3 minutes and then start to loose power on the pedal and sputter. if it looses power completely it will get down to about 500 rpms and then i loose power steering and brakes and it’s scary. but the last time it happened it was rolling and then i have it a ton of gas over and over and it cought a little bit of speed and then completely went off. i really don’t know what to do i’m doing maintenance tomorrow, it has an egr delete, egr cooler, cold air intake and a tune. it’s got 250000 miles on it and i just bought it so please help if you can. I have no clue what to do.
Um, the batteries, alternator or both.
REMOVE THE BATTERIES FROM THE TRUCK and have them load tested, if one fails, replace them both (do not replace just one battery). If the batteries test OK (needing to be charged is not "OK"), then test the alternator, on the truck is best, but whatever you need to do.
You should have a monitor to see what the truck is doing. A voltmeter in the cab is important. You can use one that plugs into the cigar lighter.... I wired in a 3 Amp USB charger with volt readout built in, in place of the center (lower) power point.

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts