Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Are those giant springs in the rear I spy?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

So I started the bedcage. 2” 0.120 wall DOM tube. It will be bolt in since all the tube work right now is temporary till I get the full cage part of the build going. Right now I am just working on making it a driving truck again.

I got the front cap of the bed installed and then didn’t like how far the *** of the truck stuck past the tire so I Took out 6” behind the tire. The rear lower rocker panel will be cut flat at the bend so I can build a high clearance rear bumper with rocker protection. I needed up shortening the long bed over 30”.

New shocks are on order and just waiting right now for them. Jumping ship from fox to Kings. The rear will have King 3.0” external bypasses and the front just has race 2.5” coil overs.

Also got the wiring harness for the All aluminum 6.2 LS that will have a 6 speed automatic.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are those giant springs in the rear I spy?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
The spring perches are Giant. I did lower them 6” to get the rear ride height higher so the truck would sit level. I wanted the truck to sit lower but it would effect the uptravel. The rear springs are Deaver G2 HDs. They say link killers but I did not buy them from Giant.

Still need to box in the mounts but you get the drift. When I called Deaver they stated that to add leafs to make up the height they said it would be better to go the route I did.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts