4,036 Posts

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Sounds like the jet is ready for take off lol

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Sounds nice...is the exhaust just straight piped?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sounds nice...is the exhaust just straight piped?
It's a 4" straight pipe with a muffler, no kitty, It whistles until I hit about 40 mph then it starts quieting down. Must really piss off the neighbors.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
oh- and your non video avatar is more interesting than all 44 seconds of your turbo! :dis:

It is nice is'nt it :thumb:You should see the large version. I joined a BBQ forum a few months ago and they pm'd me and asked me to change it cause it was a kid friendly site. LOL:hehe:

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
It sounds amazing buddy. I can't wait till my 03 turbo shows up in the mail. Hopefully it should be here on Tuesday if all goes to plan. Can't wait to slap that baby on and straight pipe the old rig.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's sooo frickin loud it's sometimes embarrassing. I'm still gettin use to it. I don't live in a rural area at all. Still pretty cool at times. I'm new to the whole diesel thing. Congrats on your new turbo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Thanks! I kinda live out in the boonies so trouble with the neighbors will not be a problem. I just want that whistle lol.

·
Registered
795 Posts
sounds awesome bro!

·
Premium Member
13,244 Posts
yeah the 05 turbos dont whistle too much, atleast not as much as the 03 turbos.

·
Premium Member
2,402 Posts
Sounds good and it burns clean, didn't see any
black smoke. That's real good when you live in CA.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sounds good and it burns clean, didn't see any
black smoke. That's real good when you live in CA.
Thanks! Yea, Cali people really frown upon that. If I romp on it, it smokes pretty good but not overly. A guy told me yesterday that my truck was smoking pretty good when I pulled into a lot and he was real concerned so I just told him that smoke is a good thing and he just looked at me like I was crazy

1 - 17 of 17 Posts