Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has some insight or experience with a couple issues that have cropped up on my 2018 F-250. First of all, I am tuned but not deleted, and am running a SOFT switch, and EZ-Lynk as my tuning and monitoring platform.

First issue is P0181 (Fuel Temp Sensor), this one shows up sporadically, but more frequently. I simply clear it and no other issue is noted. Second is P01C6, which is again fuel related and usually caused by a faulty fuel temp sensor or reading. I pulled up the fuel temp and voltage PID on my gauges, they don't change, no matter the ambient temp, same voltage, same temp (0.2 volts, 41 F). I am thinking the sensor is bad. BUT the SOFT switch is plugged into that sensor, so there is the possibility of that causing the problems. I pulled the switch and reset it, after the first code kept happening, then got the second code after the reset, but both codes separately. Next steps will be to pull the switch and load a single tune, then swap sensor if the fault persists.

Next issue, this has only happened once recently, C1902 (Ride Control RR Shock Actuator), again just cleared it. I jiggled some wires, nothing seems out of place or bad, and I don't believe I have any fancy suspension on there, stock FX-4 shocks.

Lastly, there was a code for low pressure in the exhaust (I don't remember code and never wrote it down). This was a one off that has never occurred a second time, and only happened during a specific scenario, spirited acceleration - emergency brake- spirited acceleration.

It is a tuned truck, I accept the risk when modifying, not here to complain or cause issues, just wondering if others have run into this, thanks for any input!

Ian M.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I also am running emissions friendly tunes on EZ link and using a sotf switch and have P01C6 and P0181 coming up. When it happened before I was told it was something communicated through EZ link and a firmware update would solve it. It seemed to help the past couple months and few thousand miles no issues. Well I am out of town and the wife told me her cel was on so I had her use her phone and send me the dtc's and sure enough they are back. When I get back home I will unhook sotf and just run a single tune since it never seems to throw a code. If you have a setting you like you may just want to unplug your sotf and run a single tune and see if it helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts