Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, my truck is irritating me!

Pulled the DTCs P0270, 0272, 0603, 1000 and 0000

IIRC the 0603 isnt something to worry about and I imagine nor are the 1000 and 0000, but I dunno.

I dont konw what they mean. I do know the truck runs as if it lost an injector (and probably has....)

Ideas before I go to the shop with it?

I plan on telling them to do a HPOP test and fuel pressure test...what results should I look for?

Thanks in advancce.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
i had the same codes, P0603 and P0270, took it to ford, and they replaced injector four. It ran terribly, and i was told that it can do damage if a problematic injector is not replaced immediately. Problem is, once they replace one, it seems like they have to end up replacing all of them on that bank, and possibly the other. At least, thats what happened in in my case. All but one injector have been replaced in my engine. 03 with 57000, no problems except injectors (knocking on wood). i could be wrong, someone will correct me though, hopefully.

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
My brothers early 03 6.0 got all the injectors replaced once because it got cheap one's and that was at 2K miles and he got 2 injectors replaced at about 67K miles and haven't had any problems with his truck.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bumpin it up for tonite..

curious as to what the parameters are for fuel pressure and HPOP pressure..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts