Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm sure this question has been asked 1000 times, but I have already deleted the cat and I was wondering if any problems would arise if I deleted the muffler as well and put a straight pipe?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nice truck! love the peterbilt emblem :)

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Neighbors might not like it.:(

·
Registered
160 Posts
how much louder in cab???? without muffler
is ther such a thing as a muffler delete pipe or do you just replace with inch inside dia pipe??

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
mbrp sells a muffler delete pipe.. but i'm sure you can go to any muffler place & they'll weld a pipe in for you right there. i definitely will pass doing this if it gives me crappy fuel mileage though

·
Premium Member
11,178 Posts
how much louder in cab???? without muffler
is ther such a thing as a muffler delete pipe or do you just replace with inch inside dia pipe??
Depends on the truck. A straight pipe 6.0 can sound completely annoying or down right mean. On my 7.3 with a 4in turbo back exhaust WITH a magnaflow muffler sounds like a kitten. Not loud at all.

When I was testing my new stage 3's, I only had the down pipe and 3 feet of pipe connected. It sounded horrible to me. Ever heard a high compression engine running on small glass pack mufflers? Very loud "Bark"? That was it.

Talk the the board vendors about a muffler delete pipe.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
108 Posts
Will deleting the cat void the factory warranty? I already deleted the muffler and currently comparing mpg on different tunes with my diablosport tuner on my 2003 F250.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm almost 100% sure no. The 7.3s didn't come with one, I don't think. Or at least some of the years didn't have it. I actually bought the length of pipe from ford from a 7.3 to bolt in place of the cat on my truck. Had it off for 3 years :)

·
Registered
663 Posts
I'm almost 100% sure no. The 7.3s didn't come with one, I don't think. Or at least some of the years didn't have it. I actually bought the length of pipe from ford from a 7.3 to bolt in place of the cat on my truck. Had it off for 3 years :)
Cats were required in CA only in '01, thats why I bought a NV truck, deleted the muffler, power increase is noticeable, but now I have this tendency to roll the rt. windows down when passing block walls, going through tunnels, etc.......:thumb:

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Cats were required in CA only in '01, thats why I bought a NV truck, deleted the muffler, power increase is noticeable, but now I have this tendency to roll the rt. windows down when passing block walls, going through tunnels, etc.......:thumb:
LOL! I thought only i did that.

·
Rice Hunter
4,036 Posts
Gonna Sound Great!! IMO you will loose MPG
Cause yer gonna get froggy with that go-pedal:hehe:

·
Desert Shield/Storm Vet
9,092 Posts
i definitely will pass doing this if it gives me crappy fuel mileage though
It will for a while as you test out your new sound out the tailpipe:lol:

·