Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure its been discussed but I can't find it. What are the pro's/con's of just eliminating the rear muffler? Noise level? MPG's? HP?. THANKS! Hogman

·
Registered
387 Posts
Basically nothing. No noise, no mpg, no HP. If it does anything it's so insignificant you won't be able to notice a difference.

The muffler doesn't do a dang thing for these trucks.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
lol, it saves about 65lbs of dead weight from your truck, but other than that, nothing.

·
Registered
387 Posts
65 lbs?? Dang thing is the size of a beer can. Well it a little bigger than that but it sure isn't 65 lbs.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Anyone else notice that the muffler is welded to the remaining exiting exhaust? From the tips to the FRONT of the muffler is all one unit. Thats annoying, as I didn't want to have to cut anything when I do a straight-thru or cat-back setup. Was going to leave the stock tips and paint them black.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Anyone else notice that the muffler is welded to the remaining exiting exhaust? From the tips to the FRONT of the muffler is all one unit. Thats annoying, as I didn't want to have to cut anything when I do a straight-thru or cat-back setup. Was going to leave the stock tips and paint them black.
I know, I realized it after I painted mine :tard:

·
Registered
387 Posts
A good HIGH jack should work, if not throw the local muffler shop a few bucks and put it on their lift. A little trick to make it easier is to cut off the vibration dampener so it's got a little more wiggle room.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts