Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I just got a new F350 KR and I need some mud flaps to protect my tri-coat white paint (that is very expensive to repair). I am on and off road a bit and around construction all the time.
Ford wants $50 to $150 per set of 2 flaps with or without a :ford: chrome insert! I know they will fit perfectly but I don't know how they will look. I found some that I like at O'Rielly's but they might look too cheap.

Please post some pictures of yours and give me some suggestions.

Thanks!

Reactions: 6ohslow

·
Registered
776 Posts
You can checkout my pics. I bought duraflaps. They are great....and they actually work. Some of the shorter ones weren't convincing me they would actually do anything substantial.

Reactions: extrmach

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sagebel- I like yours alot. I think I might take a stab at making my own. Tell me about those lights in your bumper?

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Lights in the bumper are Bean LED flush mount duallies. They work great and they are great people to do business with. You just need to make a cardboard template and measure lots. I used a 3" cutoff tool to cut the holes and then installed the light and used a centering bit to mark the holes for the mounting screws. Before final assembly I sprayed all of the newly exposed metal with rattle can undercoating. I got the materials for the mudflaps at 4statetrucks.com.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Dura Flap are the best mudflaps I've ever used. I've had them on my truck for several years without any sailing or tearing. They're pricey but worth it. They come in different lengths and widths. As well, they offer a drill-less models that uses factory mounting holes!

·
Premium Member
3,910 Posts
Dura Flap are the best mudflaps I've ever used. I've had them on my truck for several years without any sailing or tearing. They're pricey but worth it. They come in different lengths and widths. As well, they offer a drill-less models that uses factory mounting holes!
I second the Dura Flaps vote.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hi everyone! I just got a new F350 KR and I need some mud flaps to protect my tri-coat white paint (that is very expensive to repair). I am on and off road a bit and around construction all the time.
Ford wants $50 to $150 per set of 2 flaps with or without a :ford: chrome insert! I know they will fit perfectly but I don't know how they will look. I found some that I like at O'Rielly's but they might look too cheap.

Please post some pictures of yours and give me some suggestions.

Thanks!
65 to 70K was just invested in a vehicle. I wouldn't worry about 50-150 for a set of flaps that will protect the investment. They're built to fit.

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Spend the money on a good set of flaps. I would have went with Duraflaps but they don't make a 24" wide flap for duallies. The material that I made mine out of is very similar to the material Duraflap uses. I ended up saving some money by doing it on my own but the quality of the Duraflaps is worth the money.

·
Registered
774 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I spent $130 on wheel well liners to protect the inside of the bed and frame rails. My F150 did not have that and it was a constant point of clean dirt and debris out of. I may be a little anal but I love to hear mechanics say " that is the best looking F150 I've seen for being 10 years old."
I really just want some reassurance that I am spending my money in the right place. $150 flaps are okay if they are quality pieces. The Duraflaps website has some great pictures too which is comforting to see.
Ford doesn't do a good job of showing their aftermarket products, which they probably make a killing on.
Tough choice, you guys have great suggestions. I do need to get some 3M paint protective film for the hood on my truck too! Not a fan of bug deflectors.

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
I have a set of Weathertechs. They make the best floormats and a pretty decent mud flap too.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I have some factory Ford mud flaps that I have been waiting to sell, they are still in perfect shape came off my KR. I think $60 to your door should cover it

·
Registered
279 Posts
I have a set of Weathertechs. They make the best floormats and a pretty decent mud flap too.
-----------------------------------------------
mor4wd:

I agree with you Sir!:thumb: I have the "Weather Tech" Mud Flaps on my 2014 and like them very much.

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
I forgot about Weathertechs. I had a set on my 2000. One of the first mods I got for it. Molded: Weathertech, hanging: Duraflap or build your own.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 20 of 26 Posts