Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
Thanks for getting back to me! I ordered mine yesterday. Got the 14" wide extra longs all around! I'll try to post pics of mine after I get them on.

-jokester

·
Registered
8,242 Posts
Thanks for getting back to me! I ordered mine yesterday. Got the 14" wide extra longs all around! I'll try to post pics of mine after I get them on.

-jokester
I installed the extra wide but normal length (don’t remember length now sorry)ones with 285/75r16s too. But my stock exhaust was way less of an issue. Front and rear. Rear height is stock and front has level kit.

I also had a random missing hole on passenger rear fender even though truck is oem lol. Overall I really like the look however I’m not liking the way some of the flaps are held. You simply pinch the flap between the metal fender with this aluminum tab for a couple of the mounts, it may never be an issue, just surprised me. I may look into actually drilling and just prepping the area to prevent rust etc.

Mine have been on for a couple of months so I’m gonna check this weekend to see if any hardware has come loose.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
I installed the extra wide but normal length (don’t remember length now sorry)ones with 285/75r16s too. But my stock exhaust was way less of an issue. Front and rear. Rear height is stock and front has level kit.

I also had a random missing hole on passenger rear fender even though truck is oem lol. Overall I really like the look however I’m not liking the way some of the flaps are held. You simply pinch the flap between the metal fender with this aluminum tab for a couple of the mounts, it may never be an issue, just surprised me. I may look into actually drilling and just prepping the area to prevent rust etc.

Mine have been on for a couple of months so I’m gonna check this weekend to see if any hardware has come loose.
I will be surprised if you have any issues with that install. We have been shipping those since 2004 and have not heard of anyone with problems. Hopefully you did have some thread locker around for those bolts, but again, even without thread locker we have not heard of problems. Just check them every once in a while when you are washing your truck.

·
Registered
8,242 Posts
I will be surprised if you have any issues with that install. We have been shipping those since 2004 and have not heard of anyone with problems. Hopefully you did have some thread locker around for those bolts, but again, even without thread locker we have not heard of problems. Just check them every once in a while when you are washing your truck.
I actually called when I was about to install them. You guys were very nice and helpful. I must have not had a cup of coffee because I got very confused with one of the mounting holes because my rear fenders were different on each side, I had one more/less hole and lining things up was a mystery at first. Im sure they will be fine I always overdo things with mounting stuff. I really like them though and extremely impressed with look, and function.

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
I know it's not my thread, but i'm bringing this back to the top.

Installed my flaps today. Got the 14" extra long on all 4 corners and I REALLY like how they make the truck look! Not to mention, the extra coverage area. The fronts went on well, but I have a quick question for @DuraFlap or anyone else who has installed these: On the rears where you put the support bracket on the strut bolt - the instructions tell you to put it in the very last hole for our pickups. When I did that, it "pushed the inside of the flap forward and made the fit look weird by ****ing (it won't let me say that word - think male chicken :D) the mudflap to the outside rather than sitting parallel against the back of the tire. I actually ended up re-doing the bracket and used the middle hole for the install. They sit way more "flat" now and not pointed inside or outside. Also, I had to bend the bracket a bit with my channel locks to get it to sit flat. I installed both ways on both sides and needed to be bent no matter what hole I used.

Anyone else run into these issues or did I do something wrong on installation? Either way, I can't see how anything I did could hurt anything, plus I love the look now and i'll get pictures after I wash it LOL :D

-jokester

·
Registered
12 Posts
HI Jokester00

What you did was right. Looks like you probably received instructions from back when we had shorter brackets. We lengthened them when we redesigned for the 2017. I will have to review our current install directions to make sure they are up to date.
Thank you for letting us know.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Here's a small testament to the Durability of the Dura flaps.

I was (slowly) driving down a narrow 1+ lane road here in Kentucky and someone in a pickup pulling a trailer pulled right out in front of me from their driveway :surprise:

My only course of action was to drop my passenger side wheels off the side of the road to try and let them get around me. Unfortunately once I did that there was no getting back onto the blacktop. The farther I drove the worse things got and the deeper my wheels sank into the mud.

I'm happy to say the right Dura flap survived the impact with the wheel deep mud very well. It got some mud packed in between the flap and the body but that was relatively easy to clean up. So $10 worth of quarters to get the bulk of the mud out from underneath and then a $20 ride through the automated wash cleaned things up nicely.

I'd give the Dura flaps a :thumb: for this.

Brad

Attachments

·
Registered
504 Posts
Man, I hate that for you but looks like you came out alright. Doesn't look like any damage so a win. People who drive like that are a menace.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
I suffered a blow out on the left rear tire on Monday and part of the collateral damage was the loss of the mud flap.

I'm not sure but it's possible the mud flap may have enhanced the amount of damage done to the rear fender. That's pure speculation of course and doesn't really matter to me. Blow outs don't happen that frequently and I'm not going to NOT install mud flaps just because of a slight risk. Some times %&#$* happens.

Any way, is it possible to buy a single left rear mud flap and associated hardware?

Thanks,

Brad

·
Registered
8,242 Posts
I suffered a blow out on the left rear tire on Monday and part of the collateral damage was the loss of the mud flap.

I'm not sure but it's possible the mud flap may have enhanced the amount of damage done to the rear fender. That's pure speculation of course and doesn't really matter to me. Blow outs don't happen that frequently and I'm not going to NOT install mud flaps just because of a slight risk. Some times %&#$* happens.

Any way, is it possible to buy a single left rear mud flap and associated hardware?

Thanks,

Brad
You're going to want to call duraflap. Too be honest I don't see why they wouldn't have spare lying around but they just aren't on the website etc

https://duraflap.com/

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi Bkahler

Just give us a call when you are ready. If you had the stainless steel weights, don't lose it. You can reuse it on the new mud flap.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts