Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the truck back from the shop tonite and left the parking lot with the truck set to a stock seting. The power increase was definitley noticable. Like it had a tune loaded!

I got home and loaded a new Looney that I had gotten from Vivian that is tweaked for the new injectors. The truck is stupid fast. I'm highly impressed. It pulls so hard now. I'm going to try and get it dynoed if I have time but this thing HAS to be over 500rwhp now. No weak spots, it just pulls and pulls. You only need a 1/4 of the pedal to get moving and passing cars. The exhaust sounds even better now too! The 6inch Single is baddass sounding. Startup is better also, fires up quickly. I can only imagine what you guys with 175's and larger are feeling!

I know the dash meter aren't acurate but before the injectors I was getting 14 city, the dash now says 20mpg and that was driving around for about an hour tnt with a heavy foot.... I'll have to hand calculate it and see what I'm averaging.

Monday I'll know how it does towing. I'm sure it's going to be amazing. Got a tweaked tow tune from Quick Tricks as well.

·
Registered
4,816 Posts
Glad to hear you have a good running truck man. The Stage 2 is such a smooth turbo. What size nozzles do you have on your injectors?? Hopefully you do see better fuel mileage; (for me) right now my actual mileage has actually dropped about .5mpg since going from stock to 190/100s and the Stage 3 turbo even though my dash says I'm getting 24mpg (~15.5mpg with mixed driving).

It is a great feeling to be able to have so much power feel like it is available with such little pedal.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Does warren still do the rebuild stock injecters with the 155 nozzles for 500

·
Premium Member
1,511 Posts
Does warren still do the rebuild stock injecters with the 155 nozzles for 500
Not anymore he just raised his prices to $750 for stock plus injectors. (155's and stock nozzles)
I can set you up with injectors
Stock rebuilds. 500.00
155/stock. 650.00
175/stock. 750.00
190/stock. 800.00
155/? 1250.00
175/? 1300.00
190/? 1350.00. How that for some pricing. Injectors are flow tested.
Sorry about info, not trying to highjack. Glad the truck is running like a beast, makes feel a warm and fuzzy knowing there another MAD 6.0 out there surprizing people.:thumb:

·
Motor Head.
1,767 Posts
Great to hear this ,makes me even more sure about getting a stage 2 and 155's.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Got the truck back from the shop tonite and left the parking lot with the truck set to a stock seting. The power increase was definitley noticable. Like it had a tune loaded!

I got home and loaded a new Looney that I had gotten from Vivian that is tweaked for the new injectors. The truck is stupid fast. I'm highly impressed. It pulls so hard now. I'm going to try and get it dynoed if I have time but this thing HAS to be over 500rwhp now. No weak spots, it just pulls and pulls. You only need a 1/4 of the pedal to get moving and passing cars. The exhaust sounds even better now too! The 6inch Single is baddass sounding. Startup is better also, fires up quickly. I can only imagine what you guys with 175's and larger are feeling!

I know the dash meter aren't acurate but before the injectors I was getting 14 city, the dash now says 20mpg and that was driving around for about an hour tnt with a heavy foot.... I'll have to hand calculate it and see what I'm averaging.

Monday I'll know how it does towing. I'm sure it's going to be amazing. Got a tweaked tow tune from Quick Tricks as well.

I literately just talked to Nick about you and your truck and the fact that its gonna be the same set up im gonna run really made me happy!! haha

Cant wait to see the difference my truck makes with just injectors. let alone a stage2 with them.

·
Registered
948 Posts
When do you think you'll get this bad boy dyno'd?

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I paid $1350+$700 core shipped. They arrived at the shop next day too so I was happy.

I have to see where there's a dyno near me. A few performance shops with dynojet banners have opened near me but they usually close up quick. I haven't paid much attention.

I just emailed this place. They were at Cecil County Fair and a few other events I attened this year. http://www.axceleratedmotorsports.com/Tech.cfm Luckily thier shop is only 20 mins away. I should have numbers soon!

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
6-10k M-F. Occasionally over 10k.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nothing like the mountains. A few long hills but not very often anything that has grade warning signs. Most of the time my egt's are always under 1250-1300 for normal driving. If they go above that its only for a brief second. I haven't had any egt issues. Even going from stock injectors to the 155's (w/ same turbo, stage 2) The egt's stayed very close to each other. I did get my tuning tweaked for towing which probably helped.

·
Premium Member
980 Posts
What size nozzles did you go with? Did you have any lag with stock sticks, any improvement with 155's & stock tuning, improvement with tuning???? what elevation do you tow at?

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
30% nozzles. Yes I had some lag with stock sticks, still have some lag with the 155's. The typical lag. I didn't feel a drastic difference, depends how you drive it. The truck is never on stock setting. I use a tow tune from Vivian taking the 155's into consideration. PLENTY of power. I believe Bucks County PA is around 150-300ft. Google would know.

The truck makes alot of power and doesn't mind extra weight of the trailer. It will just grab gears no problem, flat land, up hills. It prefers to be in a high gear at very low rpm's. I could drive around under 2krpm's allday with egt's in check, the truck will sound like its lugging but no smoke unless I want it to. I'm getting it dynoed Saturday. This thing has to be making gobs of torque the way it drives.

·
Premium Member
1,511 Posts
30% nozzles. Yes I had some lag with stock sticks, still have some lag with the 155's. The typical lag. I didn't feel a drastic difference, depends how you drive it. The truck is never on stock setting. I use a tow tune from Vivian taking the 155's into consideration. PLENTY of power. I believe Bucks County PA is around 150-300ft. Google would know.

The truck makes alot of power and doesn't mind extra weight of the trailer. It will just grab gears no problem, flat land, up hills. It prefers to be in a high gear at very low rpm's. I could drive around under 2krpm's allday with egt's in check, the truck will sound like its lugging but no smoke unless I want it to. I'm getting it dynoed Saturday. This thing has to be making gobs of torque the way it drives.
Hey, I might be heading to P.A. soon. My step son owns a buisness up there and is sponsering so truck ruff nuck event. Wants me to show up with my truck, he knows I mess with turbo, but does know what I really do. I'll be in Ceicel off 50, or at his farm over towards Canonsburg. My be we can hook up, should have truck completed by then stage 3 205/150, and built tranny.

·
WWW.COMPIGNTECH.COM
8,777 Posts
Hey, I might be heading to P.A. soon. My step son owns a buisness up there and is sponsering so truck ruff nuck event. Wants me to show up with my truck, he knows I mess with turbo, but does know what I really do. I'll be in Ceicel off 50, or at his farm over towards Canonsburg. My be we can hook up, should have truck completed by then stage 3 205/150, and built tranny.
Hey when you coming up this way?? Maybe we could all get together for some dyno pulls.

·
Registered
948 Posts
I'm very excited to see your dyno numbers! I'm debating going this route or the 175/75s.

·
Premium Member
980 Posts
Adrian just posted this turbo likes 32-35 psi, are these the numbers you are seeing. What egt are you able to hit while towing?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts