Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will this work my turbo took a dump on me and now I have to do that as well!

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
Do you ever plan to put bigger injectors in? If not you could go with the mtw stage 1 but the stage 2 will work with stock injectors i am getting the hybrid on stock injectors. If i am wrong one of the guys will speak up

Reactions: Ford94stroker

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The injecters will come later just this bleeding money is getting old

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
Yeah then you should be fine with the stage 2

·
Registered
4,816 Posts
The Stage 2 is fine with Stock injectors. With a 13 blade turbine wheel, the Stage 2 will spool just as fast as the stock turbo. However, I recommend the Stage 1 (due to the unlimited cash flow :hehe:) and then when you are ready to do injectors later, you can just trade it back in for the purchase price (-$200 for reconditioning) so it can be applied to a larger turbo when cash isn't as tight. The Stage 1 will do JUST as good as the Stage 2 with stock injectors. JMO of course.

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
I say get the stage 2, I've drove in my buddies truck with a stage 1 and the stage 2 pulls a lot harder IMO.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nate is this turbo capable of the numbers I'm looking for

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The 500/550 HP on the ground

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Does anyone know if Adrian has these ready to go?

·
Registered
4,816 Posts
Well none of Adrian's turbos are pre-built and ready to go. They are all built to order (he just doesn't have enough cores to be able to do this).

The Stage 1 will get you over 500hp but you'll need more than stock injectors to get there. If you had a set of 175/75s with the Stage 1 you would be in the neighborhood you are looking to be in (>500hp). Now EGTs may be up some and fuel would have to be pulled so you could tow but other than that you should be right there. I know with the Stock injectors there is only about a 10-15hp difference with the Stage 2 over the Stage 1 and even if you throw larger injectors at it, the Stage 1 will still do well especially for half the price, when money is tight. JMO of course here. Hope it helps.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK so with the stage one the egts with stock injectors will be the same or hotter? And does warren still rework stock injectors to 155s for 500$

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Stage two and stock injectors worked awesome for me! No complaints. Its a solid setup. Plenty of towing power and a great performance setup! You'll be happy.

·
Registered
4,816 Posts
With the Stage 1 turbo, the EGTs should be lower in comparison to the stock turbo. The Stage 1 will out flow the stock turbo all day long as well giving the Powermax a run for its money in top end flow while still spooling up faster than both. As far as I know, Warren still does stock nozzle injector rebuilds for 155, 175, and 190cc. I think the price is $500-$600.

I'm really just recommending the Stage 1 here as a cost effective solution to a rebuilt turbo and when you decide to go bigger in the future you can have the ability to trade it up. The Stage 2 is a GREAT turbo but I just don't think you get twice the performance for twice the price is all.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Stage two and stock injectors worked awesome for me! No complaints. Its a solid setup. Plenty of towing power and a great performance setup! You'll be happy.
How were the egt's and the lag ,I'm after a good solid puller with the ability to bust azz when nessary! Know what I mean, look at my Sig you can see how the truck is equiped

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I agree with Windrunner, it is a little pricey in the sense that your not doubling performance. But it flows ALOT more air than stock.

EGT's were low for me. I don't have exact numbers but I know I never had any issues. I had all my tunes tweaked so that helped. It does have some lag, not night and day over stock unfortunatly. There's no way around that. No tune I have has eliminated the lag.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Does it smoke bad cause I'm not really into dumping a lot of unburnt fuel! Just not me .

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
How did your truck run with it with stock injecters

·
Motor Head.
1,767 Posts
subscribed

·
The Silent Service
5,390 Posts
Will this work my turbo took a dump on me and now I have to do that as well!
The 500/550 HP on the ground
The MTW Stage 2 has put down around 485RWHP on a set of 35's, so to break 500/550RWHP on stock injectors with your tires is a little far fetched.

I understand you want to stop bleeding cash, but you should be looking at the whole picture. I feel the Stage 2 will support upto 175/75 injectors well, and still run well on stock sticks. With that said, if you want to jump to 190's, I'd hold off (get a stage 1 - for the time it takes to get the funding together) and go Stage 3 or 4. There was only about 10-15RWHP difference in the initial Dyno numbers for the Stage 1 vs. Stage 2, but there is a huge price difference.

Look over your long term goals, and what you intend to do to open up the airflow.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts