Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put on the MTW Stage 2 with Billet Wheel yesterday and I promise this thing is AWESOME...It spools so freaking fast it is well worth the upgrade!! Adrian is a stand up guy and it was a pleasure doing business with you...i will be driving it all weekend so if you guys have any ?'s just ask...thanks again Adrian this thing is truly amazing...

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have factory sticks on a 05 with 55k... Running the srl+ matt made for my previous 03 turbo...factory head bolts...you will love how fast this thing spools!

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Is there anything done to the exhaust side....bigger exhaust wheel?

·
Registered
670 Posts
Nothing done to mine Adrian was not sure it was worth doing his most recent airflow improvements to stage 2s. As far as I know all the mods are comp side I have a set of 175 stock nozzles so I didn't think I would need much turbine work just hopefully more air down low

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
My 190's with the hybrid gets hot. i honestly dont think a stage 2 will do it for me unless there was work done to the turbine side. might opt for the stage 3 then

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mikeproc have you put the stage 2 on yet? if so what do you think and what did you have on it before? thanks ryan

·
Registered
541 Posts
Stage 2 w/ billet wheel is on my list of things to purchase, just need to sort out my current concerns and fuel system first. maybe december/january i may have one of these amazing turbos on my truck.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Hey Ryan I am going to install the turbo tomorrow. My Vgt actuator got smashed in the shipping so Adrian is sending me a new one Tuesday. I won't have any info until late this week or next week. I am coming from a stock 04 turbo

·
Registered
370 Posts
Hey Ryan I am going to install the turbo tomorrow. My Vgt actuator got smashed in the shipping so Adrian is sending me a new one Tuesday. I won't have any info until late this week or next week. I am coming from a stock 04 turbo
What's the advantage to the new compressor housing? That thing looks bada$$.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
the .72 ar housing will flow more air over the .58 ar one.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Man that sucks I was at home and heard the fed ex guy drop mine on the front concrete porch and I was at the back of my house...I looked it over before I signed for it. Just glad I was home at that time if something would have happened to it he would have been screwed!

·
Premium Member
3,261 Posts
I just put some 175/100s in and I'm getting the Stage 2 w/ billet wheel along w/ an airdog 165. I had one of the 1st Stage 1's during the beginning of MTW and that turbo kicked some serious AZZ!! Adrian knows his stuff and to see his turbo's performing like they should is amazing!!

What boost numbers are you seeing @ WOT??

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
You guys got me thinking maybe I should have got a Stage 2 instead of the hybrid... I mean the hybrid made some improvement over stock but it's not night and day difference. Maybe the tuners just had my stock turbo tuned in really good and I hope they can make more power out of this hybrid soon. Can one of you with the stage 2 and billet wheel post a WOT video from like 0-60 or 10-70mph just for comparison? I would appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
4,670 Posts
You guys got me thinking maybe I should have got a Stage 2 instead of the hybrid... I mean the hybrid made some improvement over stock but it's not night and day difference.
I know on stock injectors / stock turbo the typical dyno numbers come in around 430 rwhp. My understanding is that stock injectors / MTW Hybrid are capable of 490 rwhp and the power comes on much earlier. You don't think the Hybrid made much of an improvement?

·
Registered
370 Posts
the .72 ar housing will flow more air over the .58 ar one.
I have an old Elite VGT-SS with a modded stock compressor cover.Can I adapt a cover like this to mine? How much are these compressor covers?

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
question/suggestion for you MTW, why dont you make the stage 2 with turbine work only? It hardly seems worth the extra coin to go stage 2 over the hybrid for just the larger compressor a/r cover basically?

I think that turbo would be a sweet unit with a larger turbine wheel.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts