Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious what you guys w/ 37"s and 6" lift are getting for mpgs...

I'll listen to yours before I give you mine....:dunno:

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
My OBS (I know... totally different) w/ 35's and a 6" gets 18mpg city driving all day long. 15ish mpg towing 5k lbs.

·
Registered
106 Posts
i get around 16 normal driving, with 35s and 4 inch lift, if i can keep my foot out of it

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
495 Posts
I have a 6in with 35s. I got about 14.4 out of the last few tanks, but that was more city and less highway. The best I ever got was 16.87 mpg all highway from San Francisco down to fresno doing 70mph and the truck bed loaded down with camping gear and 4 other people in the cab. Im running a tank strictly highway so I'll let you know. I'll be getting some humvee 37s for my next set of tires so I'm curious as to what the mpgs will be with them! Hope this helps you a bit

·
Registered
106 Posts
he asked specifically about 37s with a 6 inch lift not 35s with a 6 inch

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LT, looking at your sig....our trucks are VERY similar....w/ the ekception of the tire size....TW tuner, 5" straight ekhaust....I am working on getting the 6637 filter soon. I have the K & N and heard many bad things about it....I'm barely getting 10-12 mpgs...and I am rarely over 2k rpms....

·
Registered
495 Posts
What gear ratio do u have? Check for leaks in ur up-pipes. The 6637 will definitely help your truck breathe a whole lot better! Also what tunes do you have on your chip and what do you use the most? I hear with 37s you're suppose to get better highway mileage but lower in town mileage. Right now I'm pretty tired so I'm having trouble thinking of other causes of poor mpg, but I know some other guys will chime in and help out. Theres also quiet a few posts about poor mpgs and thinks to look into. I can't quiet remember what it is but i think the EBPS or EBVS or something tube could be dirty and needs to be cleaned. Someone tell me if I'm wrong please. Its something along those lines lol.

But Sgt as far as in town is considered. If I'm driving mainly in town i average about 12.5mpg no matter how I drive. Flooring it or put-puting like a grandpa. On the highway keep it below 2k RPM. Keep in mind our trucks do weigh about 8k lbs so we wont get phenomenal mileage. but 10 sounds a bit low. Especially if your driving is highway. Gives us some more details on what you have done to your truck and what type of driving you mostly do. Do you tow a lot? All city? Highway? a little more will help us out

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What gear ratio do u have? Check for leaks in ur up-pipes. The 6637 will definitely help your truck breathe a whole lot better! Also what tunes do you have on your chip and what do you use the most? I hear with 37s you're suppose to get better highway mileage but lower in town mileage. Right now I'm pretty tired so I'm having trouble thinking of other causes of poor mpg, but I know some other guys will chime in and help out. Theres also quiet a few posts about poor mpgs and thinks to look into. I can't quiet remember what it is but i think the EBPS or EBVS or something tube could be dirty and needs to be cleaned. Someone tell me if I'm wrong please. Its something along those lines lol.

But Sgt as far as in town is considered. If I'm driving mainly in town i average about 12.5mpg no matter how I drive. Flooring it or put-puting like a grandpa. On the highway keep it below 2k RPM. Keep in mind our trucks do weigh about 8k lbs so we wont get phenomenal mileage. but 10 sounds a bit low. Especially if your driving is highway. Gives us some more details on what you have done to your truck and what type of driving you mostly do. Do you tow a lot? All city? Highway? a little more will help us out

Not sure what gears.....I havent done anything to it performance wise other than change the oil...I am mostly "rural" driving....8 miles to work on windy roads.....small runs on the highway between the city and larger town near me....I have a F-350...didnt realize yours was only a 3/4 ton...

I have the TW 6 pos tuner, 5" straight pipe, 20"s wrapped in 37" nitto's....after market waste gate actuator, and the K & N like i said....

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
my bad...i knew your ride was a 1 ton....the difference was the year....'01-'03....

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
What does being a 1ton have to do with anything

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
nothing. i was correcting a mistake.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts