Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you guys that have run both the 250 and 275 tune noticed a significant difference in MPG between the two tunes? I am currently running the 250 and my MPG is right around 14.7 to 15, which is about the same as I was getting stock. Thinking I might try the 275 tune if it gets better MPG.

·
Registered
263 Posts
275 will get you the best milage for mixed city/hwy.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Have you guys that have run both the 250 and 275 tune noticed a significant difference in MPG between the two tunes? I am currently running the 250 and my MPG is right around 14.7 to 15, which is about the same as I was getting stock. Thinking I might try the 275 tune if it gets better MPG.
You must be doing a lot of city driving. I'm getting 20 mpg per fill up. That is up from 16.5 from stock but I mostly do hwy driving.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is mostly highway driving. I am starting to think that maybe something else is going on. I drove out to west Texas last week and put around 400 miles on a tank. I would say all but 35 of those were highway cruise set at 70mph. I have 3.55 gears.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I still have my fingers crossed but I've been getting mid to high 15mpg since I put my truck back to stock, did 1st oil and fuel filters change. I was doing 10-11mpg before and mid 16's with the tuner...weird.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts