Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get a new F350 SRW, What kind of mpg should I look to get out of the 6.4?

·
Registered
818 Posts
with 3.73 you should see anywhere from 13-16 stock, dpf delete 18-22

·
Registered
387 Posts
He's exactly right. I was getting 15-18 bone stock, and now with the DPF delete I'm getting 18-24 mpg.

·
Registered
818 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for all the info guys, i'll be using it to pull my 5th wheel so i'll probably be looking at a 4.11 gear, but at least now i have a baseline to look for, thanks again!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just hit 23000 miles on my F450 with 4.30 rear end, and my mileage jumped from 12 to 17.5! (I have to drive 55 MPH for best highway mileage) It was impossible to get that kind of mileage out of this truck before. I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed this at "break in".

·
Premium Member
861 Posts
thanks for all the info guys, i'll be using it to pull my 5th wheel so i'll probably be looking at a 4.11 gear, but at least now i have a baseline to look for, thanks again!!
I have 3:73 with a manual. Pull a 9700LB 5er and get 11.7 average at 67MPH. Pulled it now about 3000 miles so those numbers are pretty frim.:thumb:

·
Registered
203 Posts
I just hit 23000 miles on my F450 with 4.30 rear end, and my mileage jumped from 12 to 17.5! (I have to drive 55 MPH for best highway mileage) It was impossible to get that kind of mileage out of this truck before. I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed this at "break in".
That's pretty significant, but generally mileage increases as various components wear in (including tires)

·
Registered
24 Posts
I wish that I got the mileage some of you are getting. I just got back from getting my fifth wheel from its winter destination which is a 2000 mile round trip. Now I have a 08 4x4 with 373's with bushwackers and 305 55 20's and 30'000 miles on it, I am also running fords synthetic oil in it. I still only get 6-7 pulling my fifth wheel or 30' enclosed snowmobile trailer and 11-12.5 empty. NEVER, NEVER have I seen any better. I have owned a 99, 2001, 2003, 2005, 2006 Amarillo, and now my fuel guzzler 08. Don't get me wrong it’s the best truck that I have owned but the mileage thing is ridiculous

·
Premium Member
861 Posts
I wish that I got the mileage some of you are getting. I just got back from getting my fifth wheel from its winter destination which is a 2000 mile round trip. Now I have a 08 4x4 with 373's with bushwackers and 305 55 20's and 30'000 miles on it, I am also running fords synthetic oil in it. I still only get 6-7 pulling my fifth wheel or 30' enclosed snowmobile trailer and 11-12.5 empty. NEVER, NEVER have I seen any better. I have owned a 99, 2001, 2003, 2005, 2006 Amarillo, and now my fuel guzzler 08. Don't get me wrong it’s the best truck that I have owned but the mileage thing is ridiculous
My truck responds with better mileage when I shift it, 2000RPM or below, and keeping the manifold pressure below 10-15psi. It's hard at first to adjust your driving to make this happen but it works. :thumb:The cap on the front of your 5er makes a big difference also. My Jayco has a nice round one. Some of them I see running down the road are perfectly square. Sort of like towing a bus.:doh:

·
Registered
781 Posts
will one of the funny looking wings work for better mpg with a 12'6" 5er that is perty flat?

·
Premium Member
861 Posts
will one of the funny looking wings work for better mpg with a 12'6" 5er that is perty flat?
They create their own drag and depends on how far in front of the trailer they are. I know they were popular one time but I don't see that many any more. Maybe one of the add on caps, the round ones should help.:nod:

·
Registered
457 Posts
Diesel Particulet Filter Deletetion. Only possible with a tuner with regen delete. Regeneration Deletetion stops the cleaning of the DPF by the trucks computer.
Does this void the factory warranty if you do this?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Does this void the factory warranty if you do this?
Yes. Just about anything you do to these truck performance wise will void the warranty, if you get caught.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts