Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 F250 6.4 with the ZF6 transmission and my MPG is the exact opposite of what every other truck I've ever had. In the city I get about 14.5 MPG but on the Highway at 65 MPH it drops to about 11 and even the slightest addition of throttle results in the instant MPG dropping to 5 - 7 MPG. All these MPG are with the truck unloaded and it has 3.73 diiff.

·
BBBRRRRRTTTTT
6,099 Posts
lie meter or hand calculated?

whats installed on the truck? sounds like you have something that really drags the truck down at higher speeds, like a camper or big bumper...

·
Administrator
21,471 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,561 Posts
The meter means nothing, hand calculated is the only way to accurately measure your fuel mileage.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Well that is the opposite of what it should be...even by the lie-o-meter. Ever since I deleted, the lie-o-meter says I get 23mpg...yeah right, closer to 17mpg. Hand calculate for sure to see what you're really getting.

·
Administrator
21,471 Posts
its not opposite if he is looking at the real time mpgs on a tuner and hitting the throttle.

it will blow his mind when it drops to zero pulling a hill.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
how are you calculating the difference in MPGs?
Usually the way it works out is I end up doing almost all city driving, or driving long distance on the highway. When I fill up I just divide Miles driven by gallons on fill up. After multiple fill ups it keeps coming out the same.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts