Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering why my 2008 cc 4wd with 35 inch tires dpf/cat delete and afe cai gets avg 15 mpg and my 2008 drw cc with 33 inch tires dpf/cat delete and afe cai gets avg 10 mpg. true f250 has 373 gears and f350 has 410 gears, but f250 also carries 1000 lb box in bed all the time. f250 is auto, f350 is 6 speed manual. any input? f250 has sct livewire and f350 has edge prog. also f350 rear main is starting to leak, had same problem on 99 7.3 that was also 6 spd, never had this problem on any of my auto trans. powerswtrokes. any input?

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
cause they r totally different trucks...... different tuners,, everything...i wouldn't expect anything to be the same

·
Registered
233 Posts
Not to mention an added leaf spring in the rear, the sticker (lol) oh yeah and $$$$

·
Registered
159 Posts
I think the extra rear tires play a part in it. My brother's dually got terrible mileage stock and not near what everyone else claims with a Spartan and DPF delete on their SRW trucks.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that makes sense, i just was wondering as the mpg in drw was not really helped much by dpf/cat delete and prog.( it really helped my srw by about 5 mpg)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts