Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, motor will crank but not turn over. I hear the fuel pump and I have fuel pressure. I just repaired my ficm (did not replace) still will not turn over. Here is what the ficm looked like. What else can I check?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Ok, motor will crank but not turn over. I hear the fuel pump and I have fuel pressure. I just repaired my ficm (did not replace) still will not turn over. Here is what the ficm looked like. What else can I check? View attachment 774266 View attachment 774267
Do you have FICM Sync? Has anyone validated your FICM is on working order? That would a starting point baseline— before attacking anything else. I think Ed at FICMREPAIR only charges $75 for the FICM test... Might be worth it in my opinion— otherwise chasing ghosts on this engine is EXPENSIVE without a code scanner... Beat of luck 🙏🙏

·
Compression Ignition Addict
7,445 Posts
+1 to get a good scan tool - ForScan is recommended.

What ever did that damage to the FICM probably caused other unwanted things to happen also.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you have FICM Sync? Has anyone validated your FICM is on working order? That would a starting point baseline— before attacking anything else. I think Ed at FICMREPAIR only charges $75 for the FICM test... Might be worth it in my opinion— otherwise chasing ghosts on this engine is EXPENSIVE without a code scanner... Beat of luck 🙏🙏
thanks, I need to get a scanner to read my numbers

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
+1 to get a good scan tool - ForScan is recommended.

What ever did that damage to the FICM probably caused other unwanted things to happen also.
Yeah.... Willing to bet the logic side is cooked too.

But, as we all want to do...ignore the obvious

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts