Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A month or two ago I posted about low idle acceleration problems and it was recommended I check my batteries and ficm. Went to the mechanic and of course problem was gine, but had everything checked and was fine. Ficm voltage at 48, battery load test good, all injectors working fine, fuel pressure at idle was 65 if I remember correctly.

This morning after going to the gym, the truck wouldnt start. After a couple of minutes it started but very erratic, but managed to get to work. On the way home luckily already on my street there was no response from the pedal at all but the truck was still running. Could this be a fuel pump issue? The oil and fuel filters were changed 4000 miles before, but im going to check the filters now. Any suggestions?

Sent from my SGH-T959 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
WWW.COMPIGNTECH.COM
8,777 Posts
Do you have an iPhone, iPod or iPad? If you do save your money for the CTS and buy a Dashboss monitor. It's $169.95 free shipping if you use "welikeyou" in the coupon code area. Also it will data log, do performance tests, and monitor more PID's than the CTS will and is fully expandable to watch EGT's and fuel pressure all for around $300 total where the CTS will run you $700+ to get the same things.

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
It may be worth your while letting Ford scan it for you. Most charrge a $100.

Now there are many parts houses that will read codes for free but in my experience the people are not well trained and the scanner they use is very basic.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just checked the secondary fuel filter and very clean. Cant check the primary right now because I dont have the socket. Also, can hear the fuel pump buzzing when ignition is on. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Just checked the secondary fuel filter and very clean. Cant check the primary right now because I dont have the socket. Also, can hear the fuel pump buzzing when ignition is on. Any suggestions?
You need to pull your ficm relay, hfcm fuse, remove the fuel filter and crank it over while checking for combustion gasses/bubbles in the housing.

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts