Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i had 4 gallons of new motor oil sitting my centrifuge barrel and added 50 gallons of wvo. i'm afraid the batch is ruined, oil coming out of CF if foaming and has been for a couple hours. noob. please advise. thanks

·
Registered
741 Posts
My first question is why did you do that?? VO & MO mixed together are a very bad combimation.

I would let the batch settle for a couple days & see if they seperate. Not sure which is heavier but I would guess the motor oil is so that should settle to the bottom. Pump off the top & then centrifuge & see if it is better.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
noobie assumption. i heard people using motor oil blended with diesel and wvo blends as well. oops. lesson learned.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Blending MO & diesel is ok. That is assuming you are ok with burning MO. Some guys are dead against it. MO & VO can make a mess of your fuel system real quick.

·
Registered
971 Posts
pump about 20 gallons of diesel in the mix and you will be fine but just dont do it again.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i filtered the 30 gal of motor oil (which i know is not contaminated with coolant or anything as it came straight from my roommates and my cars before the truck came into being) with 75 micron and then ran my 55gph dieselcraft CF for 4hours till the bowl was no longer getting any deposits. any micron estimates? the website i bought the CF from said that should be sufficient for <1. thanks

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
Clay or someone a few years back did a test in some jars. it was nasty looking iirc.

·
Registered
345 Posts
So im assuming you did this before i told you they didnt mix.:slap:
Oh well its a large learning curve. Thats why i said to read as many threads as your brain can handle.. Countless lessens to be learned.

Still dealing with some of my mistakes.:doh:

"a smart man learns from his mistakes" "a genius learns from others' mistakes"

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So im assuming you did this before i told you they didnt mix.:slap:
Oh well its a large learning curve. Thats why i said to read as many threads as your brain can handle.. Countless lessens to be learned.

Still dealing with some of my mistakes.:doh:

"a smart man learns from his mistakes" "a genius learns from others' mistakes"
.:slap: haha ...yep read more postings and become a wise man!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts