Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. I got an f250 6.0 03. I have the older sct setup on the more aggresive tow setting. Is this programer capable of makin any smoke at all. If so how. And I've read about smoke switches bigger ejectors fuel pumps and other tuners but not sure which route is the safest and cheapest for my engine. Any input will b helpfully. Thanks

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
Get Erics extreme race tune for that SCT.

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
Extreme street smokes a good amount also:thumb:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't have any guages yet and how much do the tunes cost. I had the diablo sport before and on the second highest setting it skef pretty good but gave my computer problems. Luckily I had the sct just sittin there lol

·
Registered
67 Posts
innovatives extreme street and smoke switch and ull be more than pleased

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Both. I got plenty of power right now with the factory sct tunes but no smoke. Just wana add the smoke lol. Make sense

·
a truck
13,142 Posts
I guess, I dont really see the point but if thats what you want then go for it

·
Registered
319 Posts
Smoke switch. I have mine set on Looney tune right now and that thing smokes like a freight train and has LOTS of power. When i turn the switch off i can smoke out a 4 lane road with ease. Plus it really helps out when there are idiots behind you at night with their brights on and i can dim their lights for them:hehe:

·
Registered
387 Posts
Both. I got plenty of power right now with the factory sct tunes but no smoke. Just wana add the smoke lol. Make sense
Smoke can be fun but keep in mind that it is only unburnt fuel and does not add any power. It can also give us (The diesel community) a bad name with the environmentalists. With that in mind it's up to you. :icon_ford:

W

·
0 Posts
Smoke can be fun but keep in mind that it is only unburnt fuel and does not add any power. It can also give us (The diesel community) a bad name with the environmentalists. With that in mind it's up to you. :icon_ford:
:nod::nod::nod:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ya. I would mainly just use it for shows like the 4x4 jamboree and to black out an idiot behind me. I got my superchips flashpaq registered and can do the easy upgrade. How do I go about getn custom tunes like looney tune or the other settings I gota download?

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
lmao at this smoke switch. i read about this all the time and it always makes me laugh.

first of all you need to make sure you have an sct that can be custom tune and not one that has just canned tunes in it.

dont waste your turbo or your time trying to make smoke. it doesnt make you look cool or make you any power

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
is it possible to install a smoke switch in an 00' 7.3 f-250 or is that another one of those strictly 6.0 tricks?
No the smoke switch takes into account the Variable Geomoetry Turbo (VGT) 7.3's don;t have a VGT

Ya. I would mainly just use it for shows like the 4x4 jamboree and to black out an idiot behind me. I got my superchips flashpaq registered and can do the easy upgrade. How do I go about getn custom tunes like looney tune or the other settings I gota download?
You can't get the Looney tunes anymore. DJ stopped putting those out a while back. Call Eric at Innovative Diesel Or Cale at BTS (I have both Eric's X street and Cale's 140hp tunes and they are GREAT!!! Eric's makes more smoke and feel a lil stronger, seat of the pants, but Cale's runs alot cooler and I get better MPG with it)

Cannot Stress that enough, my truck smokes a LOT (if I want it to) and While it has been tempting a few times to just roll coal, please be responsible. The environmentalists :supergay: are really getting a hard-on for our diesel trucks (ask somebody from Cali) Just keep that in mind! :thumb:

Also, PLEASE PLEASE do yourself (and your truck) a favor and get you some gauges. At the very least an EGT gauge. Unburnt fuel and smoke make HEAT!

·
Registered
104 Posts
dont waste time with a smoke switch, just get erics extreme street. i use it for my dd and it smokes

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
I was the same way as you before my truck smoked but keep in mind most get sick of it. Im trying to figure out what to do right now because it is a pain to get onto the freeway or into traffic without blacking out lanes. Make sure you can choose when to smoke because you will feel like a dick if you cant control it but have to get on it

·
Coal Rolling = Posing
9,871 Posts
I was the same way as you before my truck smoked but keep in mind most get sick of it. Im trying to figure out what to do right now because it is a pain to get onto the freeway or into traffic without blacking out lanes. Make sure you can choose when to smoke because you will feel like a dick if you cant control it but have to get on it
In addition to all the above about the enviromentalgays bein harder and harder on diesels every year because of the guys that blow smoke all the time.

It does make you feel like an azz when you have to get on it to get out in traffic and you black the whole road out.

·
Registered
312 Posts
When I first got my truck with an Edge programmer I smoked Texas highways up and down. After 2 transmissions, broken injectors, bald tires, and a stained black exhaust tip I learned my lesson. Just a warning :thumb:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts