Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

MORE SMOKE?

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  jrod80 
#1 ·
plan on getting a 6.4 in the next few months and have been reading alot about spartan.:thumb:. my question is how much more smoke will i see compared to stock with normal driving. i dont wanna smoke out the intersection everytime i take off. i have a heavy foot and expect to see some smoke, but traffic limits how heavy the foot can be. :doh: lol. i want to do the dfp delete and 275, and eventually the 310.

#2 ·
Well seeing as the 6.4 will not or should not smoke at all stock, a good bit more. With the 275 tune you will certainly see some smoke if the turbos are not spooled. If you get into it hard at a dead stop it will smoke pretty good but it will clear up as soon as the turbos get going. Let us know if you have any other questions. :thumb:

#4 ·
thats good to hear. just dont want any or alot of unprovoked attention headed my way. is anyone on here located in or near Charleston SC. I would like to check out a tuned truck and maybe a possible ride. I know what potential a tune can do for a vw gti but not an f250. hard to imagine an extra 275+ whp.:woot::scuffy

#8 ·
You'll find that you really don't have to use much foot at all to get the kind of performance you are already getting by mashing the accelerator every time you take off. If you are happy with your current level of acceleration, then it won't be a problem with you. It will only take a touch to make it take off that way, and it wont' be too smoky. But if you really mash it from a stop, yeah, it will black-out the intersection.

#9 ·
The smoke is more during the warmer months with the 275, and in the cold of winter seems like stock.

You will leave a "haze" with any aggressive driving. And yes, it pisses off those behind you!

Mike

#11 ·
I've noticed that sometimes I will leave a big cloud with the 275v4 without much throttle at all on take off before the turbo spools. I always try to baby it on takeoff so I don't smoke out the intersection but sometimes it still will leave a bunch of smoke. I usually just run the 210 around town to avoid this...don't like pissing people off for no reason.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.