Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 160 Posts

·
a truck
13,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I cant catch a break with this truck, I just had the engine out a couple weeks ago to fix crap and now more problems. So I was driving the other day and randomly my truck throws a CEL. Figured maybe it would just happen once, but now anytime I start the truck and it sits idling for a second it throws a CEL immediately now.

When it throws the CEL the idle gets higher and a little erratic, now Ive checked my oil level and its fine, the weird thing is that the truck doesnt drive like crap or anything, still pulls real hard up top and turbo builds the normal amount of boost and just as quick as always. Only thing is that when the truck is in overdrive and I barely give it gas it will start blacking out the road behind me with no problem, it normally doesnt smoke that easily.

That is on my mild performance tune that I drive on daily, now if i get on it from a stop it does seem to take a little longer to get the turbo to spool as well. But once its spooled it pulls hard still. The idle smooths out for the most part too but is still a little different. I honestly have no idea whats wrong with it, I havent had a chance to see if there are any codes

Just wanted to give plenty of background and info on the issue and see what you guys think. Thanks

·
<-Day Of Fail now SOLD
3,393 Posts
This sucks to hear, Matt you know when it rains it pours and sometimes a little hail then that gets bigger and then you know you have baseball size dents in you hood.

Best of luck with your truck. I hate when they turn into a nickle and dimer hang in their your time is soon to come.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Um I don't know very much and have no idea whats wrong. I know your a good person and heard many good things from ya hope you get it fixed sorry im no help.

·
a truck
13,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Um I don't know very much and have no idea whats wrong. I know your a good person and heard many good things from ya hope you get it fixed sorry im no help.
Thank you I appreciate it. Im hopin its an easy fix, I cant afford any more big fixes

This sucks to hear, Matt you know when it rains it pours and sometimes a little hail then that gets bigger and then you know you have baseball size dents in you hood.

Best of luck with your truck. I hate when they turn into a nickle and dimer hang in their your time is soon to come.
yeah my luck still isnt improving with this truck and its really gettin hard to keep justifying holding on to it, it will depend on how much it will cost to fix this now.

·
a truck
13,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im leaning towards IPR possibly, could have got some crap in it with the oil after dropping the pan and everything, thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
31,733 Posts
Whats the code?

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
That sucks! Keep us posted.

·
Electrical Ogre
12,276 Posts
I'm thinking IPR or ICP sensor as well. Try to pull some codes and let's fix this thing. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
8,298 Posts
man oh man. That truck has a bad attitude thats for sure. I am betting you pull codes leading to the IPR. Good luck Matt, keep us posted if you get time to pull codes.

·
a truck
13,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah hopefully Ill get over there tomorrow and get them pulled, luckily I have a spare IPR layin around but I still gotta pull the fuel bowl and crap to get it out which would just be more reason to get the fuel system in there sooner, but I dont know if I want to make the drive to my buddies shop three hours away where the fuel system is like this

·
Registered
7,846 Posts
man o man I tell you what.. Hopefully its that and nothing else.

·
Registered
5,370 Posts
12V matt, thats all im going to say

·
Electrical Ogre
12,276 Posts

·
Registered
5,370 Posts
KDP?? im lost sir

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
Yeah hopefully Ill get over there tomorrow and get them pulled, luckily I have a spare IPR layin around but I still gotta pull the fuel bowl and crap to get it out which would just be more reason to get the fuel system in there sooner, but I dont know if I want to make the drive to my buddies shop three hours away where the fuel system is like this
If you have a spare IPR...throw it in and see if the CEL comes back on.

·
a truck
13,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1 - 20 of 160 Posts