Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What should my next mod be? I'm thinking water/meth ?? i don't want anything that need bigger oil. But i don't want anything that gets my boost too high cause i don't have head studs

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
I would also like to get some water/meth going on my truck, has anybody else used it on there 7.3? Seems like the next reliable step...

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
Injectors!

I am not a fan of drugs.....:hehe:...get it meth....:hehe:

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
You will have a few that will swear by water/meth and some that will say stay away, I am one of the later. Meth causes a spike in cylinder pressure since it is an uncontrolled fuel in the air charge, not injected at the time that the injectors fire. Custom tuning should accompany the system if you are looking for power. If you are just running water to cool the EGT's then tuning is not necessary. Plus is becomes another thing to remember to turn on when you want to race that ricer.....It is good for anywhere from 0-60hp.

I personally think injectors are the way to go. The can be detuned or turned up. They are always there and they don't run out of juice. Tuning plays a big role as it should with injectables.

As fare a injectors messing up your engine, any performance mod can damage your engine.

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
Single shots are designed to run on one HPOP. If you are looking at big split shot, you will need to run bigger oil. Stage 2 single shots should get you at or over(by a little) 400hp.

Big oil would be a good increase in itself. I gained over 30hp just by adding big oil.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I'd like to get a h20 kit. I would stick to just using water when I had to to manage EGT's if I decided I wanted to tow in the extreme setting, or doing a little hot roddin. I wouldn't rely on it for a HP gainer though.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm thinking of getting the DIY stage s b kit.good price, which includes

DIY Stage-2b Kit Price: $685 (Includes shipping!)

This kit is for '97- '99 AB, and '99 - '03 AD Split Shot 7.3L Power Strokes. The DIY Stage-2B Kit will overhaul your Split Shot injectors and, by swapping out the nozzles, increase fuel flow for an approximate 50 HP gain with the proper computer program. This Kit is considered a Nozzle Upgrade to your oem Split Shot injector.

What you’ll find in the DIY Stage-2B Kit:

* 8 NEW larger PSD nozzles.*
* 8 sets of new External injector o-rings.
* 8 sets of new Internal injector o-rings.
* 8 new injector nozzle springs.
* 8 new injector Armature screws.
* Bit for removing the old Armature screws.
* Injector holder that fits most any bench vice.
* Complete step by step instructions.
* Instructions that show you how to restore Armature clearance to their proper specifications.
* CD containing color photos showing the step by step process!

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
You will have a few that will swear by water/meth and some that will say stay away, I am one of the later. Meth causes a spike in cylinder pressure since it is an uncontrolled fuel in the air charge, not injected at the time that the injectors fire. Custom tuning should accompany the system if you are looking for power. If you are just running water to cool the EGT's then tuning is not necessary. Plus is becomes another thing to remember to turn on when you want to race that ricer.....It is good for anywhere from 0-60hp.

I personally think injectors are the way to go. The can be detuned or turned up. They are always there and they don't run out of juice. Tuning plays a big role as it should with injectables.

As fare a injectors messing up your engine, any performance mod can damage your engine.

Incorrect there buddy... I have been sitting next to Tadd when CP testing was done with water injection... Up to 30% meth there is no mesurable spike in pressures. Above 30% and it starts to go up. At 50% it starts to get ugly...

Water injection is very reliable, free to fill and will allow me to tow on a 400hp setting without seeing 1200 egt's up about any grade. Is it a power mod... no, at 40% meth I get about 60hp with stage 3 hybrids... But its a great tow mod, with a little kick added.

I do agree to some extent, if your wanting more HP, get some Stage 2 or Hybrid injectors... Single shots...

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
I'm thinking of getting the DIY stage s b kit.good price, which includes

DIY Stage-2b Kit Price: $685 (Includes shipping!)

This kit is for '97- '99 AB, and '99 - '03 AD Split Shot 7.3L Power Strokes. The DIY Stage-2B Kit will overhaul your Split Shot injectors and, by swapping out the nozzles, increase fuel flow for an approximate 50 HP gain with the proper computer program. This Kit is considered a Nozzle Upgrade to your oem Split Shot injector.

What you’ll find in the DIY Stage-2B Kit:

* 8 NEW larger PSD nozzles.*
* 8 sets of new External injector o-rings.
* 8 sets of new Internal injector o-rings.
* 8 new injector nozzle springs.
* 8 new injector Armature screws.
* Bit for removing the old Armature screws.
* Injector holder that fits most any bench vice.
* Complete step by step instructions.
* Instructions that show you how to restore Armature clearance to their proper specifications.
* CD containing color photos showing the step by step process!

Skip it... You will just run into more issues with HPOP pressures dropping off... Go with a single shot conversion if you go that route, but in the long run, dont go cheap on injectors.

·
Ole White
5,253 Posts
Definately injectors 1st and then water and meth but as CSIPSD said mix it 30% or less and you can definately tell a difference and still be in the safe zone.

·
What u talkin bout willis
2,724 Posts
This kit is to convert your '97 - '99 AB and '99 - '03 AD Split Shot injectors into Stage-2 160cc Single Shots. Included in the kit is everything you'll need to complete the conversion, including NEW larger Power Stroke nozzles and pre-machined Pistons.

What you’ll find in the DIY Stage-2c Kit:

8 pre-machined Intensifier Pistons.
8 sets of remanufactured* AA code Plunger and Barrels.
8 NEW larger PSD nozzles.**
8 sets of new External injector o-rings.
8 sets of new Internal injector o-rings.
8 new injector nozzle springs.
8 new injector Armature screws.
Bit for removing the old Armature screws.
Injector holder that fits most any bench vice.
Complete step by step instructions.
Instructions that show you how to restore Armature clearance to their proper specifications.
CD containing 40 color photos showing the step by step process!

I THINK THIS IS THE KIT YOU NEED BUT FOR YOUR YEAR MODEL

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
This kit is to convert your '97 - '99 AB and '99 - '03 AD Split Shot injectors into Stage-2 160cc Single Shots. Included in the kit is everything you'll need to complete the conversion, including NEW larger Power Stroke nozzles and pre-machined Pistons.

What you’ll find in the DIY Stage-2c Kit:

8 pre-machined Intensifier Pistons.
8 sets of remanufactured* AA code Plunger and Barrels.
8 NEW larger PSD nozzles.**
8 sets of new External injector o-rings.
8 sets of new Internal injector o-rings.
8 new injector nozzle springs.
8 new injector Armature screws.
Bit for removing the old Armature screws.
Injector holder that fits most any bench vice.
Complete step by step instructions.
Instructions that show you how to restore Armature clearance to their proper specifications.
CD containing 40 color photos showing the step by step process!

I THINK THIS IS THE KIT YOU NEED BUT FOR YOUR YEAR MODEL
It is for his year...

·
What u talkin bout willis
2,724 Posts
GOOD CATCH MY BAD

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
Incorrect there buddy... I have been sitting next to Tadd when CP testing was done with water injection... Up to 30% meth there is no measurable spike in pressures. Above 30% and it starts to go up. At 50% it starts to get ugly...

Water injection is very reliable, free to fill and will allow me to tow on a 400hp setting without seeing 1200 egt's up about any grade. Is it a power mod... no, at 40% meth I get about 60hp with stage 3 hybrids... But its a great tow mod, with a little kick added.

I do agree to some extent, if your wanting more HP, get some Stage 2 or Hybrid injectors... Single shots...
Since the OP asked about this as a power adder, I would assume that 40-50% meth would be used. Thank you for confirming that the CP gets ugly with 50% meth.:thumb:

Looks like you just agreed with me even after you said I was incorrect. :doh:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts