Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've finally located a Dana 60 front end for my 95 F250. It's off I think an 87 truck, it's a king pin axle.... Stoked on that. First question: can I use my existing tie rods or do I need to buy new ones?
Next up is I need to re-gear it. How difficult is this to do? And what am I looking at price wise ya think? The guy said it probably needs new u joints? Again is this something I can do in my driveway in a couple hours with the basic hand tools I have or do I need something special? What else should I do rebuild wise? The hubs are good (warn) per the seller. I'll probably just buy new calipers for the brakes rather then trying to get mine on it. Any problems there?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
id really recomend having a shop do the regear if youve never done it before. had a friend do bearings in mine and we had a hell of a time getting it all back into specs.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
have a shop re gear it its very easy to mess it up and have to pay more to fix it but the u joints you can do yourself

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
I just rebuild a D60, didn't regear but I pulled the gears to install new bearings and seals. It is a major pain in the *** to get everything in spec and I had to purchase a $300 bearing puller. It would be worse if I didn't have press and all the other tools I needed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts