Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I dropped it off for an oil leak and I get this back. Runs like ****. I'm beyond pissed.

I'm hoping I see some wiring unplugged from them looking for the leak. Anyone have any ideas. CCT #7 failed so I am going to look at that side tomorrow. Any pointers is appreciated.

truckerrorcodes.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So I dropped it off for an oil leak and I get this back. Runs like ****. I'm beyond pissed.

I'm hoping I see some wiring unplugged from them looking for the leak. Anyone have any ideas. CCT #7 failed so I am going to look at that side tomorrow. Any pointers is appreciated.

View attachment 772206

If anyone is interested it seems like it was a loose ucvh connection.

I really want to get this painted but every time I turn around it's in the shop again. Still leaking oil like a mofo and I think it's from the turbo.

I'm thinking about taking it to the dealership for an inspection to make sure it's solid. I just want my dang truck to be solid and reliable. Wifey is pushing me to get rid of it.

With shipping I paid 11 for it and am easily into it around 15-16k. Do I cut my losses or am I getting close to a reliable machine.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Funny title. I can understand the frustration, it all depends on your threshold. I'd work through the issues. It's likely a solid machine that's behind on maintenance.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I think your big issue with this truck is every tiny thing, you end up taking it to a shop. Which is fine, a lot of people don’t have the space, tools, or know how to fix their own vehicles. But many of the little issues you have had, wouldn’t be a big deal if you could remedy them yourself

I can understand the frustration having to take it in to a dealer, make the appointment, coordinate dropping it off, picking it up, then still have other issues a short time later. But to someone who could do the work themself, this truck wouldn’t be a big issue at all

Just food for thought

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think your big issue with this truck is every tiny thing, you end up taking it to a shop. Which is fine, a lot of people don’t have the space, tools, or know how to fix their own vehicles. But many of the little issues you have had, wouldn’t be a big deal if you could remedy them yourself

I can understand the frustration having to take it in to a dealer, make the appointment, coordinate dropping it off, picking it up, then still have other issues a short time later. But to someone who could do the work themself, this truck wouldn’t be a big issue at all

Just food for thought

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree. I don't have the time or patience to do most things other than oil change and basic maintenance. If I had the time and know how to do things efficiency I might feel differently. Changing a uvch would take me 4 hours.

I just want it to be reliable so I don't have to worry about it. I wanted to paint it but I'm having second thoughts. Honestly, I was looking at toyotas on flea-bay last night.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts