Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a TS 6 position chip in my 02 f250 7.3 and it will throw back some black smoke, but not thick or as big of a cloud as I want. Yes I know rolling coal isn't good and that bigger injectors would help but I'm seeing if anyone knows something simpler.

·
Registered
7,473 Posts
Super easy, sell the truck and buy something else. Thanks to guys like you who need "a big cloud of black smoke" we have strict EPA regulations, which are getting worse by the day. If you know blowing smoke isn't good, then why do it? It gives diesels and they guys who drive them a bad name.

·
Registered
6,107 Posts
i saw your post about wanting to put big ol donk rims on your truck :supergay:

why don't you just buy a car, because apparently you have no use for a truck other than to supplement the size of a certain body part. :haha:

and thanks to guys like you i just paid another 50 bucks to have my truck smogged again.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Come on guys play nice with the new guy.
Do you have gauges on the truck yet?

·
Registered
7,473 Posts
There's no need to place nice with the new guy. If he knows it's a stupid thing to do, but he's still going to ask about it, he really shouldn't own a diesel. Maybe go with the import crowd.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There's no need to place nice with the new guy. If he knows it's a stupid thing to do, but he's still going to ask about it, he really shouldn't own a diesel. Maybe go with the import crowd.
I'm stupid? You drive a 6.0, it will cost you $4000 to fix it next week make it bulletproof then put your say

·
Registered
7,473 Posts
You got me there kid, but it was actually $7,000. Maybe you should have had daddy buy you a cummings instead of a ford, they smoke real good.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Banned
1,312 Posts
if you just want to roll some coal, pull an intercooler pipe off. you don't need the turbo for the truck to run. 1600 degrees on the pyro/egt gauge is a safe level all day long contrary to what others might tell you.

cummins and duramax can only handle 1250 degrees so everyone tries to stay below that level on the powerstrokes too.

a shopping bag over your air filter works nicely for lots of coal too.

·
Registered
7,473 Posts
My dad is dead. He died when I was 1 thanks for bring him into this
You're welcome, let me know if there's anything else I can help you with.

·
Banned
1,312 Posts
:haha:

honestly, to roll more coal, you'll need to put out cash for bigger injectors and custom tunes on your TS chip. a TS chip with their programming on the 140hp setting is about as smokey as it gets. most of the other tuning companies look for ways to increase power and efficiency with lower EGT's, not smoke and heat.

the turbo on a cummins takes a long time to spool up so they can blow smoke all day long until every piston has a hole in it.

·
Registered
628 Posts
this thread..... :rofl::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:
just to let you know kid, your not going to get any respect on this forum asking questions like that, were not about rolling coal here, its just wasted power the more smoke there is. go troll another forum :p

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.