Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a good monitor but I am also on a budget after doing the oil cooler and egr delete. Can anyone suggest a good place to shop?

·
Registered
534 Posts
You can goto autozone and get a scangauge II for about $150.. It will cover your oil and coolant temps and a few other things. You will have to get something else to monitor your EGT and fuel psi. I have the this gauge and it works good for the money.

·
Premium Member
3,942 Posts
I have a quadzilla commander that monitors EGT, Water temp, Trans temp, and Boost. I have had it in my truck about 2 years but still works great. I would sell it with original box, instructions, and black pillar pod for '06 Superduty(can be painted to match your interior if needed) for $125 shipped.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I had the Edge A2 (which is now discontinued) that I used for my Monitor, It was excellent. That Monitor would display about 8 paramaters on one screen, including, EGT, EOT, ECT, Trans. temp, gear and slip, Load, Throttle %, Boost, GPS speed, run time, battery voltage among a few others also. Now Edge offers the Evolution CS or Evolution CTS (touch screen version), go check out their website Edge Products| The Leaders in Performance Electronics. I have found the Evolution CTS Brand New on Ebay for about $400. They are also compatible with backup cameras.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Get the scanguage II, you can monitor so many different things (excluding fuel psi and egt). If you dont want to enter the majority of them yourself in the XGuages function, buy it from BulletProofDiesel. here is a good source of XGuage codes and some reading. http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/general-6-0l-discussion/207148-scan-gauge-ii.html

edit: FYI, if you dont know, only mechanical guages like ISSPRO, etc can be used for fuel psi and egt's as there are no factory sensors/pids for them

·
Premium Member
3,942 Posts
edit: FYI, if you dont know, only mechanical guages like ISSPRO, etc can be used for fuel psi and egt's as there are no factory sensors/pids for them
Actually the Edge, Quadzilla, etc. will display EGT's and probably fuel psi if you have the probe or sending unit for these. I have an EGT proble for my Quadzilla and it works just fine.

·
Registered
4,816 Posts
I have an Edge Insight CTS. Now it was under $400 but is expandable to monitor EGTs and any other pressures or temperatures you want to such as fuel pressure or differential temperature. It can also be set up later if you want as a back up camera. Now while these extras have a cost associated it is a great device that can do everything you want to and is well worth the money. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Actually the Edge, Quadzilla, etc. will display EGT's and probably fuel psi if you have the probe or sending unit for these. I have an EGT proble for my Quadzilla and it works just fine.
yeah, thanks for catching that.....but it's all extra add-ons and arent cheap, for the price of each add on you could practically buy another SGII, i was keeping with the "budget", the cost of a CS or CST plus the accessory kit for add ons doesnt exactly spell "budget", could have a SGII and fuel psi and egt gauge for about the same price as he would if he was only getting the CS/CTS w/out accessory add on kit. guess it depends exactly what he wants and his budget. for about $125-180 he can get a SGII($169 with most Xgauges installed from BPD) for $400-500 he could have SGII and fuel psi and egt guages or just the CS or CST. for $600-800 he could have a CS or CST with the fuel psi and egt.:dunno:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the info guys. I'm thinking about just dropping the cash and getting a SCT Live Wire with custom tunes. This way I can get rid of the cel from the EGR delete and improve some MPGs too. Do any of you guys use the Live Wire and where is the best place to get one? I'm thinking for the price you get a tuner and a monitor all in one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts