Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, so i'm a 6.0 guy but a buddy of mine just got his hands on a really clean '99 7.3 5spd. He's wanting to know what he can do to give it some more power. Can you guys help me out?
How much can the stock sticks make?
What cheap upgrades can be done?
heard a lot about the DIY intake, what's the process?

any help would be really appreciated guys!

·
Premium Member
31,729 Posts
Chip intake and exhaust.

DIY intake is a Napa 6637 filter and a piece of 4 inch either PVC or stainless pipe attached to the factory intake boot.

310rwhp is about max on stock sticks.

As far as chips go check out Tony Wildman PHP or Gearhead

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have a 95 7.3 and im looking for something to give me a little extra power without tearing my truck apart. i have a small chip, mindblower, but i would like something a with a little more output. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
31,729 Posts
Welcome to the site Fordgirl.

Take a look at custom tuning from Tony Wildman. Gearhead or PHP and several others.

Beyond that to get more power out of an OBS you are gonna have to spend some big money

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Chip intake and exhaust.

DIY intake is a Napa 6637 filter and a piece of 4 inch either PVC or stainless pipe attached to the factory intake boot.

310rwhp is about max on stock sticks.

As far as chips go check out Tony Wildman PHP or Gearhead
thanks a lot man, i'm trying to get him go to with a TW chip, he has a TS 75hp box now.

·
Banned
1,077 Posts
you got ripped off with that mind blower module man...you could have just went to radio shack and got a 10k resister,those mind blower modules comes in a neat lil blackbox but if you open it up,thats all it is,a resister.its a rip off dude

·
Registered
8,710 Posts
TS chip with TW custom tunes, Tymar intake kit and Isspro's. Add a 3-3.5" DN pipe for the OBS trucks with ballance 4" SD's all 4". We can put together a package for you. PM if we can help.

Cary

·
Registered
7,846 Posts
May want to check out Beans performance as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
thanks a lot guys. ill take a look at those. CT performance, thanks for the deal but im not really lookin to do that much mods just yet but ill keep ya in mind. dear harley guy, im not a dude!! haha. but thanks for the info. i didnt really notice much if any defference with the mindblower but it was really cheap so i figured i'd give it a try.

·
Registered
96 Posts
not gonna lie...hacked my muffler off last night...sounds ok. turbo sounds amazing but i have way better pick up!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts