Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Rebel
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys i just bought this truck and want to add some power and better fuel mileage. I am getting about 12.5 mpg right now.. I tow cars and trucks on the back of this truck. So i will be towing around 7k for short distances and daily driving the truck.

The question is what the best MOD's i can do with out spending a butt load of cash.. To get good power and better MPG and towing.. Want a extreme setting to so it will smoke and get up and go.

1. Truck has Cold air Raid system on it.
2. Gonna do the Zoodad mod soon.
3. Want 4" TB exhaust..
4. Sct Live wire still have to buy. And would like custom tunes.

What else????:thumb:

·
Rebel
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hows tunes you gonna go with? other than those 4 things only real things you can do is watch your right foot, make sure all your filters are clean and make sure your tires are properly inflated... good luck and let us know how it turns out

-Raul

How much is SCT Live from you?? You can pm me if you want or post it here. Which ever. I will ask around on who is the best for my needs for tuning.. Cause I'm not sure on who to have do my custom tunes..Thanks:thumb:

·
Rebel
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also wondering if i should go with the SCT 3 instead and manual gauges?? :thumb:

·
Premium Member
20,358 Posts
Also wondering if i should go with the SCT 3 instead and manual gauges?? :thumb:
well.. it all comes down to preference... me personally like the look of analog gauges.... some people like the digital gauges... i have had both and stuck with the analog. price on gauges run around 300+ depending on what style and brand you want... and an xcal 3 with custom tunes is 429.95.. it almost comes out to the same amount after you add the egt probe for the livewire...

-Raul

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Rebel
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I would have to figure out where to put the gauges since i wouldn't want to mount them on my pillar. I use the handle on my pillar. When i am backing down the street to grab a car 1 of my guys rides on the side of the truck and holds that handle. My truck is a repo truck with a sneeker under it. That's why i was asking. :thumb:

·
Rebel
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok well i just bought and sent money out for a 1 month used SCT 3. Guy had it on a mustang 3.8 and it has 3 custom tunes on it. I can take those off when it gets here and buy my own custom tunes right? Part # 3000 Thanks :thumb:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts