Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
If it aint a CAT itsa DOG
4,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MN just got a 3 mil grant from the EPA to outfit trucks with DPF's, APU's, etc... This is NOT manditory, but its a step closer to making it mandatory. These c*** suckers!!!!!!! Who in their right mind is going to elect to put this crap on their truck?? They will pay 50% of the cost of a DPF or an APU if you put one on your truck. I can see putting on an APU on a big rig cause they will save idle time and fuel, but who in the hell will put on a DPF if they don't have to. See i think this is going to flop. The only ones that will outfit their trucks are the state, county, and local municipalities so that they don't loose their funding. I guarantee you that if you choose not to update your engines with this stuff you will loose your federal or state funding for your municipality. Also once they see that private fleets don't want DPF's on their trucks they will mandate it. :mad::mad: This is just like COMIFORNIA! Sorry for the rant, this just p***es me right off!

·
Registered
929 Posts
wow that is interesting, had not heard that. whats an APU???

·
Super Moderator
31,733 Posts
wow that is interesting, had not heard that. whats an APU???
Auxiliary power unit.

Holy crap Dan. I didnt know they were trying to ram that through:doh:

·
If it aint a CAT itsa DOG
4,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well Dave i don't think its any kind of law or bill. Its just a grant that was won by the state courtesy of the EPA. Thank God its not a bill, at least yet. This stuff has got to stop! Seriously they are taking all the fun out of being an American. The average middle class man or woman who likes to hunt, ride atv's, or drive a big ol bad truck is under assault. If they aren't trying to take away our guns they are trying to wreck something else for us. I mean leave us the hell alone. If you don't want to smell a stinky diesel, then all you tree huggers can move to cali and rot with the rest of the homo douche bags out there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts