Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched for three hours for somebody that has had my same problem and couldn't find it so I thought I would post for some help. Here it goes. Truck overheated while towing trailer in the heat (Degas bottle cracked from age). After we got her cooled down the truck has a rough idle and a nasty shake (shakes the steering wheel and whole truck vibrates) from 1100 to 1500 rpm and then anything above that the shake goes away. Had a local mechanic scan it and do a CCT #4 and #8 were not contributing fully. He couldn't do a buzz test. I am wondering what my next steps should be. buzz test, orings, electrical or injectors. Have super chip flash tuner and 230,000 miles. Please let me know if you have any advice for me. Thanks

·
Power Stroker
1,030 Posts
I've searched for three hours for somebody that has had my same problem and couldn't find it so I thought I would post for some help. Here it goes. Truck overheated while towing trailer in the heat (Degas bottle cracked from age). After we got her cooled down the truck has a rough idle and a nasty shake (shakes the steering wheel and whole truck vibrates) from 1100 to 1500 rpm and then anything above that the shake goes away. Had a local mechanic scan it and do a CCT #4 and #8 were not contributing fully. He couldn't do a buzz test. I am wondering what my next steps should be. buzz test, orings, electrical or injectors. Have super chip flash tuner and 230,000 miles. Please let me know if you have any advice for me. Thanks
I had a slight miss in the same RPM range but nothing bad. I had a bad MAP sensor. But like I said "slight miss"

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply. This problem is a nasty shake. It feels like the the old 7.3 want to jump right out of the hood, but at 2000 rpm she runs like normal.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry I forgot to post the fix. I had two injectors go down. I took it to a shop with a good code reader. the reader came back with 2 cylinders with low contribution. I replaced the two injectors (watched youtube a few times) fix was easy. If I had to do it again I would replace all 8 I think a few more are starting to struggle. Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts