Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys I have 06 with 117,000 miles, two days ago while going down interstate I kicked it down to pass a car and when I let up it started shuttering and acting as if it were missing, pulled over and it was not idling right. Well it threw no codes and my first thought was an injector, well I limped it home another 80 miles as it would do it if I was not fueling on it. Get home I tested the rick and it showed 48v key on, 48v cranking, and 31 volts running. Can a ficm just go out all of the sudden like that, I mean it never has been hard to start and I can't believe it will run even at that voltage. I did not drive it anymore and I have already removed ficm for rebuild, going with swamps 58v. Anyways I have a question what exactly does the ficm do to take out a injector or injectors when it goes bad, and if so what are the chances I damaged them. Like I say it never did throw any codes before I pulled it. I'm just worried because I drove it that far but I had my 5 yr old with me and it was 90° so I had to think of him. Appreciate the info guys.

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts