Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 04 f250 06 deisel with 66,000 miles. Just drive on weekends and during hunting season. Bone stock just a cat back mbrp exshust. I had to replaces the ficm about 2 years ago and thats all i have ever had to do been a great truck. Now the issue after I drive the it for a while like 15 to 20 min it starts missing when I take off from a dead stop or when I gear down and make a turn and go to take off again YES its a 6 speed trans. Where should I start. I use all motorcraft filters and oil and change oil every 5000 miles. Change fuel filters every 2 oil changes. Seems to be wores when fule is under a 1/2 tank or closer to 1/4 tank. Unless its just a quinsadens.

·
Registered
568 Posts
6 speed manual?

·
Registered
137 Posts
You may not be getting the full fuel pressure you need.. The blue spring upgrade from ford will solve it of that's what it is. It's cheap and easy to do. It bolts right the the front of the upper fuel filter housing. Common problem, simple fix. It could be a weak lift pump. I'm not sure of what one from ford costs, but I'd do an air dog or fass lift pump if necessary. That should take care of your problem, if not, it could be dirty injectors or a bad injector.. You need someone with a scanner to do a buzz test on them and do a cylinder contribution test. That's the best place to start. Hope that helps.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
When you change your oil, I would switch to 5w-40 T6 with an additive like Hotshot Secret or Rev-X. That will clear up any stiction with the injectors. I wish I would have started using it around 66K. I didnt start until over 240K

·
Registered
137 Posts
Not being a dick, but hot shots secret pretty much never works... Ever.. That is pretty much plastered on the forum. Rev-x is the only guaranteed one of them to work.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

1 - 6 of 6 Posts