Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
No offense but ya didn't happen to leave a rag in the intake or air inlet somewhere.

Also it sounds like your being defueled by the pcm, can you pull any codes?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
No offense at all, simple enough to check and a mistake that happens so I'll double check. Only codes I can pull would come from an insight cst but I'll pull them and post it. Thanks. Anyone else wanna chime in feel free!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Codes pulled from CTS are:
P0263 Cylinder 1 Contribution/Balance
P1000 On board diagnostics OBD System reading test not complete
P2284 ICP Sensor Circuit Range/Performance

I am blowing both white smoke and black as well, my turbo boost has only gone as high as 6 psi
Also had all eight injectors done by Warren Diesel to 155 off of my cores.

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
What are your icp readings. Sounds like your injector may have not been torqued well, or you accidentally damaged an oring. Disconnect hcfm, and ficm relay, open your fuel filter housing and crank it over while watching for bubbles.

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
I had no bubbling before, would rebuilding the oil cooler have changed that? I'll double check it, its no big deal. I'll pull the injector if I have to, but don't wanna! I"ll double check the FICM voltage as well. Is there a reason the ICP sensor would have dropped out after the rebuilt (basically just a new oring and screen)

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
I was just making a suggestion on the injector, it's worth checking. Theres no reason the icp should be a problem, but what kind of readings are you getting on it?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
I guess I need to check into the test procedure for the ICP because I have not tested it. The injector is worth checking but the way it runs, I don't think could be boiled down to just one injector.

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
I guess I need to check into the test procedure for the ICP because I have not tested it. The injector is worth checking but the way it runs, I don't think could be boiled down to just one injector.
I thought you had a cts, it will read icp.

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Check your oil level. If it's getting high, your obviously dumping fuel. One injector could do that.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
I thought you had a cts, it will read icp.

I do have the CTS, just havent had time to play with it yet so I will get the readings from it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Actually it does not give me an ICP reading just throws the code for it in diagnostics.

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
The CTS will definitely give you icp readings, the pid for it is on my screen right now. If you don't have it on yours you should try an update. That might find it for you.

Sent from some piece of advanced technology that I don't understand!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 · (Edited)
Ok, found it! FICM voltage never dropped below 47.5 from on/cranking/running. ICP was at 1.8 at rough idle, and 4.3 at 2500 rpm.

ETA Unplugged the ICP and truck ran the same.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Alright performed the compression bubble test again. No bubbles but, after reinstalling the cap on the fuel filter a lot changed, idle is still rough but NOTHING as bad as it was, I think I did not have the cap tight and sealed before. Still giving me cylinder #1 contribution and ICP sensor codes. Took it down the road and smoked like a ***** and lost power under load. So I guess I am pulling cylinder 1 injector, or should I replace the ICP sensor first?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Pulled the injector, orings look good, no nicks, tears, etc. Was torqued in, but the tip of the injector was black and crusty? I had cleared the codes after it started and ran for a bit and continues to throw those same three codes.

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
So way back in the beginning of this post, I suggested ficm logic board took a crap. I'm running out of ideas, as far a icp, your readings dont look that bad. I would be hesitant top throw one of those at it. Ficmrepair.com

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
When my FICM took a dump it tested good everytime. Took the chance and sent it off to ficmrepair.com and they said the logic board was fried. Sent it back with the Eco Tune and she fired right up and ran like a champ.

I'm not saying to run out and drop the cash on it but I was running in circles trying to figure out what my problem was.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Southend, I did not mean to disregard your statement on the FICM. Having Deer Creek state his tested fine on voltage every time, but still no good makes even more sense. My problem understanding it was that if its tests fine, why would it need replaced. Now seeing (or if I would have understood you that it may voltage test fine but still be no good) makes more sense to me. It just worries me that it can test fine and not work. I still get an ICP low and an ICP high code, and cylinder 1 contribution code. Could that be caused by the FICM. Its blowing a ton of black smoke at idle when revved then clears and blows white smoke, has no power under its own load. Unless you guys have another idea, I'll send the FICM out.

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Southend, I did not mean to disregard your statement on the FICM. Having Deer Creek state his tested fine on voltage every time, but still no good makes even more sense. My problem understanding it was that if its tests fine, why would it need replaced. Now seeing (or if I would have understood you that it may voltage test fine but still be no good) makes more sense to me. It just worries me that it can test fine and not work. I still get an ICP low and an ICP high code, and cylinder 1 contribution code. Could that be caused by the FICM. Its blowing a ton of black smoke at idle when revved then clears and blows white smoke, has no power under its own load. Unless you guys have another idea, I'll send the FICM out.
No problem man, I seem to have a good memory in my old age(36), I dont remember it being that good in school, lol. I've read alot of posts. Yes, there are two sides to the ficm, the power supply, and logic board. Others, as deer creek, have had good voltage reading, with bad logic boards. It apparently can make the injector stick in one position, causing overfueling or under fueling. Other than that, you've covered everything I can think of......

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
If you send it off to FICMrepair.com they will bench test it and if its good they will only charge $50 for the test. If its bad, of course they will fix it.

41 - 60 of 68 Posts