Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A few days ago I started getting a mis-fire when truck is idling(more noticeable on high idle). Could feel the truck shake. Today i didn't notice it idling but still does it when i have it on high idle. No codes, runs great through the gears. Could it have anything to do with too much diesel kleen? I added twice the amount by accident on a half tank on thursday. Any ideas?

I'm posting to see if its maybe a sign of something to go. I got a 450 mile round trip to do next weekend :doh:

Edit: On my first oil change with her I used 5w40 T6 with two bottles of rev x(200 miles ago) but it was running great until the last few days.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Forgot to mention I have an edge CTS. FICM is solid between 47.5-48 at all times, ICP bounces around at 580 at regular idle. It has blue spring mod, K&N intake and a 4" exhaust with a huge *** cat that was welded back onto it and muffler(not sure on brand). Not sure what else to check. Any tips on cleaning the EGR valve? Seems like I just take out the two bolts and it justs pops out? Figure I should give it a clean since It probably hasn't been taken out in a while before I bought the truck.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Here is some info on cleaning EGR valve:

DTS Articles - 6.0L EGR Valve Cleaning

DTS Articles - EGR Servicing

DTS Articles - EGR Marbles

Some use a 12" pry bar to pop it out.

Some turn the valve until bolt holes are accessible, then run a heavy wire through them and make a loop above the valve. Then a stiff rod of your choice and use the alternator to pop it out.

They can be buggers at times. especially if they haven't been removed for some time.

You can reuse the o-rings if they come out good. If not:

EGR O-ring AND gasket kit number is 3C3Z-9P455-AB or International # 1840778C92

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Going to get the o-ring kit before I even bother popping it(its my dd). I used Rotella T6 5w40 with two bottles of rev x on the first oil change that I've done since i got it three weeks ago. I'll let it idle at work in few and see If i can get any more info from the CTS.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmm I had it in high idle for about 10 mins and didn't hear the mis. Going to get the egr o ring kit and clean it anyhow!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts