Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i finally got my mirror lights to fit somewhat decent. heres a few pics.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Looks good Rob. How difficult were they to install?

·
Super Moderator
13,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
they werent hard at all. they just dont fit right. they had a very loose fit adn had gaps all the way around. i had to shim them into place to keep them tight. no more recon lighting for me. you would think after paying 100 bucks for some lights, that they would fit properly. nope, oh and their customer service sucks...... i have never been treated so poorly... ever.....

·
Registered
750 Posts
That is very good to know, any other alternatives for smoked,led lighting?

·
Banned
0 Posts
You aren't the first one I've heard that from. I think Raul spends quite a bit of time battling Recon on those mirror lights.

·
Super Moderator
13,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is very good to know, any other alternatives for smoked,led lighting?
not really sure on who else makes them. i really like the look, but after my bout with Recon, and their snide remarks, i wont buy their products again. that sucks cause i really wanted to get the smoked LED tail lights. oh well, i took it in the shorts on the mirror LED's at $100, i wont do it with $300 tail lights.

·
Super Moderator
13,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
is it putco?, i knew there was someone else, i just couldnt remember who it was.

·
Registered
750 Posts
If you looked at my truck, you'd know I'm a BIG fan of Putco :nod: That being said, I haven't checked out their sight in a while, didn't think there was any other stainless I could add.:hehe: I'm going to check them out. Do you carry Putco, Raul?

·
Super Moderator
13,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i may have to look into some putco accessories.

·
Premium Member
20,359 Posts

·
Banned
0 Posts
How's the quality and look of the Putco stuff Raul? Some of the pictures on their site are universal. Also what's the pricing look like on the mirror lights, cab lights, LED rear cab light and rear light bar?

·
Registered
750 Posts
I can speak for their SS accessories, the best, I've tried several other companies, but Putco is the best..TFC-The Fine Company-I think thats what they're called, they have nice stuff as well.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Do they make smoked tailights? Im with everyone else on the recon stuff, I finally got to putting my lights in the mirror and they aren't too bad but they aren't flush. I thought that the light was the thing that you had to take off to replace but its the entire plastic piece you have to remove then you can get the light off. Just a FYI for anyone thats confused on this, because the instructions you get with these things don't really tell you anything.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts